newbie having problems with dev c++

Started by
1 comment, last by Hypherion 18 years, 5 months ago
hi there the problem is i have some problems with devc++ (4.9.9.2 version) sometimes after i write code that should work i get error messages like

Permission denied
ld returned 1 exit status

. This wouldn't be a problem if the code wouldn't work at all (meaning it had some problems) but after i delete a character in a variable for example and i then put it back (so it is the same program) it works. (though i have to do this a couple of times until i can compile). in the same category i have some problems regarding the libraries...in some programs there is no problem if i use #include <iostream> (for example) but in other it will not compile if i don't write #include <iostream.h> (getting the known "antiquated library" warning) i'm rather confused and i would apreciate some enlightment
"Try not to become a man of success but rather to become a man of value." - Albert Einstein
Advertisement
Permission denied actually means that ld can't write an output file. By any chance, was your program still running while compiling?
hmm why didn't i notice that *bangs his head against a wall* thanks

any idea about the second problem? (the header one)
i sometimes also get undeclared variable "cout" even if i include the iostream header...
"using namespace std" being unable to "help" with the problem
"Try not to become a man of success but rather to become a man of value." - Albert Einstein

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement