Sign in to follow this  
eisebs

DirectX Exporter for Maya 7

eisebs    122
Hello everyone, as there's not yet a precomlied dx exporter for maya 7 in the october SDK, does any of you folks know how I can recompile the sources and get a working mll? I've tried to simply change the pathes to the new maya directories which worked alright with a small plugin that I've written myself. However, the release build prompts a somehow nonsensical alert box about a wrong path for the DXCC.dll, which he found, but didn't like while the debug build actually provokes a fatal error and crashes the machine. Any help much appreciated! thx Robin

Guest Anonymous Poster   
Guest Anonymous Poster
You should place your mll in a directory like...
C:\Program Files\Microsoft DirectX 9.0 SDK (October 2005)\Utilities\Bin\PlugIns\Maya\binary7

because the plugin i making sure that it is picking up the right DXCC.dll which is in
C:\Program Files\Microsoft DirectX 9.0 SDK (October 2005)\Utilities\Bin\x86

if it finds it in any other path it will complains because it wants to make sure that it is the right DLL and not some dated version you or an older installed dropped somewhere within the system path.

then you will want to go to
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Alias Shared\Modules\Maya\7.0

if the last few parts of that directory tree does not exist, create it.

then place a txt file in that directory with contents that look like this...one line without the quotes assuming your mll is named D3DMaya7ExportX

"+ D3DMaya7ExportX 5.0 C:\Program Files\Microsoft DirectX 9.0 SDK (October 2005)\Utilities\Bin\PlugIns\Maya\Binary7"