Sign in to follow this  

[.net] Calling functions in a Static DLL?

This topic is 4414 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi! My application is statically linked with a managed DLL. So I wanted to test what would happen when a function goes missing, for eg. if there would be some update in the DLL: At application compiletime: Application calls from MyDLL.dll: MyClass myclass = new MyClass(); myclass.Function1(); MyDLL.dll contains: class MyClass { public void Function1() {}; } Then by some update I choose to use the new and better MyDLL.dll So the console outputs the following: Method Not Found: Void MyClass.Function1() That is since the new and updated DLL looks like this: MyDLL.dll contains: class MyClass { public void BetterFunction1() {}; } I'm not sure if the output in the console is some exception or something else... but it seems I can't catch it with a try {} catch() {} block Does anyone know how to somehow catch the "exception" so I can handle it my way? Thank you!

Thx :), but my dynamic plugin architecture works great for now.

This is just more of a curiosity, and could be useful in the case
of when I actually use a Statically linked Dll.

In MY case, I wanted to use a static member function from the DLL :)

This topic is 4414 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.