Sign in to follow this  

DX10 and Locks

This topic is 4415 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I've been converting my DX9 app to DX10... Things seem to be working out OK but i'm having big problems with the new IndexBuffer/VertexBuffer locks. has there been any documentation at all concerning this stuff? V.

Quote:
Original post by vidalsasoon
I've been converting my DX9 app to DX10...

If you have access to the DX10 technical previews you will also have means by which to access this information and ask these questions.

Quote:
has there been any documentation at all concerning this stuff?

The information you want is not publicly available.

1. You have to wait until the public beta. If you have somehow found a pirate/leaked version then run now before the moderator(s) hunt you down.

2. If you have a legitimate version then you should know that it's not public and therefore should not be discussed publicly. Also, you should have access to the people to whom you should direct this question [smile]

Hate to be harsh, but NDA stuff is, well, NDA [grin]

Jack

Quote:
has there been any documentation at all concerning this stuff?

Considering that it hasn't been publicly released yet, no. If you have a legit copy, you should know where to find it.

Gah...beaten to it [depressed]

Quote:
Sorry, I meant the "Managed DirectX for Whidbey (Beta)".

:P

Ah, well if it's just the .Net 2 beta components I retract my somewhat harsh statement [smile] - you might want to sign up for the beta program in order to get access to the latest-n-greatest...

At a guess, the information you can get from the beta program might well be appearing in next months December-SDK update. If you need it now then your best best is to join the beta program [smile].

hth
Jack

This topic is 4415 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.