problem with tutorial

Started by
0 comments, last by ordered_disorder 18 years, 5 months ago
Ok so I'm still doing the tutorial from experiments in game programming and I just did the part where you initialize directx in the empty window. I copied all the code and stuff and got it to compile but when I run it the blank window appears and then I get an error message saying breakout has encountered a problem and needs to shut down. Since I copied most of the code I have no idea where the problem is coming from...any ideas out there? Also, I'm just trying to make a megaman style game - what is the easiest way to go about this? Directx opengl? I dont even know the difference or options I have to choose from. Help appreciated.
Advertisement
Yah... You're obviously talking about "Tricks of the Game Programming Gurus" which in my opinion is the worst book on this planet to teach someone how to game program.

To make 2D games for windows computers, your best friend will be SDL. Check out www.libsdl.org, and look at the tutorial sections for help setting it up. Game programming is really hard and will take a lot of time.

Read the FAQ for beginners at the top of this forum, and GL.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement