Congratulation for great lessons

Started by
1 comment, last by Tac-Tics 18 years, 5 months ago
The GL lessons in http://nehe.gamedev.net are great, but only for GL. I learned only 16 of them and I understand everything (but I'm in very very very very beginning on C++. I know PHP (The internet language) very good. C++ is similar to PHP but there are no bulded functions, so have to include header files. Here is my problem. I don't know what header what functions contains and what the function do. So I make this post to ask for a tutorial or list of function included by header files. I prefer tutorial because in a list of header files and their members I don't know where to start. And I study C++ only from 2 months so I look for tutorial written with simple words. If you find such a tutorial in internet please give me a link! I don't want to buy expensive books where maybe I will not understand half of the book. I will not give money to learn. The knowledge is priceless.
______________________________Excited of C++Keen on C++Love C++Bulgarian Pirate :)
Advertisement
im assuming you know that openGL uses the gl.h etc headers( if you've gone through lots of nehe)

other common headers in c++ are

#include

<iostream> for standard input output (needs some trickery to work with windowed apps though)

<fstream> for file manipulation

<vector> a really nice general resizeable array class

<string> learn to love strings

type the name into google and it will give you a list of classes and functions.
if you've never used templates before read up on them before using vector, otherwise the classes API will confuse you.

the main thing is to know what you require. google for c++ standard library if you want all the gory details( and you probably dont if you're a beginner, not just yet ). if you aren't sure then maybe ask here again with a more specific request.

good luck!
Quote:I don't want to buy expensive books where maybe I will not understand half of the book. I will not give money to learn.

I agree with you that good free resources are great, but putting down $50 on a book (or somewhere over $500 with all my computer books) shows you are willing to invest in the subject.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement