Can't find gl/glaux.h!

Started by
24 comments, last by GameDev.net 18 years, 4 months ago
Ok, I'm new to these forums, but I was working on this tutorial by NeHe. http://nehe.gamedev.net/data/lessons/lesson.asp?lesson=01 I started with serval errors but now I'm down to one: gl\glaux.h: No such file or directory. I downloaded OpenGL from here: http://www.berkelium.com/OpenGL/sgi-download.html But for some reason compiler can't find that one library? Any suggestions?
Advertisement
You have to set your IDE so it's know WHERE to find the header file. You also need to set it for the lib files.

I don't know whats your IDE but for VS2003 it's should be :

Tool
Option
Projects
VC++ Directories, and do like it's already done on the screen.
I was using Dev-C++ Compiler, not VC++. Do you know how to do this with Dev?
It's possible that GLAux isn't even in your package distribution, since it has been deprecated and basically obsolete for a long time now.
Well, if that is the case, what should I do. I did try to look for a download of just gl\glaux.h last night, but didn't seem to have much luck. Should I re-write Nehe's lesson without it? If so, (since I'm obviously new to OpenGL) what would you suggest on going about this?
There's a dev-pak for glaux. Just get it through "check for updates/packages" under tools.
Read the error message, they're made to be readable by people for a reason. Your error message says that there's no such thing as gl/glaux.h. This could be for a variety of reasons, maybe it isn't even there? You're going to have to get your hands on it though. Download this file. Run the file and copy the glaux.h file to your include directory (default dir: C:\Dev-Cpp\Include). Once you've done that try compiling again.

Good luck.
Ok, I ran the file Undeadlnsanity posted. Opened the C:\Dev-Cpp\Include file, took the glaux and gl header files from the desktop and put them inside C:\Dev-Cpp\Include file but I still get the same results?
Ps- the post above was me, forgot log back in.
Put them inside C:\Dev-Cpp\Include\gl and not in C:\Dev-Cpp\Include
- Iliak -
[ ArcEngine: An open source .Net gaming framework ]
[ Dungeon Eye: An open source remake of Eye of the Beholder II ]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement