Sign in to follow this  
C plus noob

looking for online free tutorials other than the SDK

Quote:
Original post by Konfusius
Really? The nVidia/ATI sites alone contain more information than I could digest.

And if you are looking for shader stuff, the Nvidia SDK is a must-have. It literally has hundreds of shaders (along with many advanced rendering samples).

Quote:
Original post by circlesoft
And if you are looking for shader stuff, the Nvidia SDK is a must-have. It literally has hundreds of shaders (along with many advanced rendering samples).

Don't forget the ATI SDK. It includes RenderMonkey. [smile]

Quote:
Original post by C plus noob
i tried running one of their GF 6 samples on my GeForce 6200 i got 16 - 32 FPS, pretty slow.. and why would i want to hassle with another SDK?

To rephrase, the ATI/nVidia SDK's contain cutting edge sample code, tools, and documentation. This is 'advanced' stuff.

Quote:
ive heard about render moinkey, its likea shader maker thing right? but im still learning Direct X how would i be able to track two other API's

As Konfusius has already said, the Nvidia and ATI SDK's are mainly advanced samples, tools, whitepapers etc... It's not a seperate API unless you want to use Cg or something.

neneboricua

Quote:
what's Cg? and what are white papers?

Cg is Nvidia's version of HLSL. The idea is that using Cg, you can use the same shaders reguardless of whether the renderer uses DirectX or OpenGL. However, the problem with it is that it is difficult to get Cg to work on non-Nvidia cards.

Whitepapers are technical documentation on samples, rendering techniques, or some other idea.

If these concepts are new to you, you should probably start with some of the more basic samples included with the DirectX SDK and the tutorial sites listed in this forum's FAQ.

neneboricua