looking for online free tutorials other than the SDK

Started by
11 comments, last by Mantrid 18 years, 5 months ago
im looking for free Direct X tutorials beginner to advanced other than the SDK tutorials and tripplebuffer for DX 9 in C++. oes anyone have any suggestions?
Advertisement
There are tons of tutorial sites listed here. Have fun [totally]
Dustin Franklin ( circlesoft :: KBase :: Mystic GD :: ApolloNL )
thanks alot, still looking for more advanced tutorials too
Really? The nVidia/ATI sites alone contain more information than I could digest.
Quote:Original post by Konfusius
Really? The nVidia/ATI sites alone contain more information than I could digest.

And if you are looking for shader stuff, the Nvidia SDK is a must-have. It literally has hundreds of shaders (along with many advanced rendering samples).
Dustin Franklin ( circlesoft :: KBase :: Mystic GD :: ApolloNL )
i tried running one of their GF 6 samples on my GeForce 6200 i got 16 - 32 FPS, pretty slow.. and why would i want to hassle with another SDK?
Quote:Original post by circlesoft
And if you are looking for shader stuff, the Nvidia SDK is a must-have. It literally has hundreds of shaders (along with many advanced rendering samples).

Don't forget the ATI SDK. It includes RenderMonkey. [smile]

Quote:Original post by C plus noob
i tried running one of their GF 6 samples on my GeForce 6200 i got 16 - 32 FPS, pretty slow.. and why would i want to hassle with another SDK?

To rephrase, the ATI/nVidia SDK's contain cutting edge sample code, tools, and documentation. This is 'advanced' stuff.
ive heard about render moinkey, its likea shader maker thing right? but im still learning Direct X how would i be able to track two other API's
Quote:Original post by C plus noob
ive heard about render moinkey, its likea shader maker thing right? but im still learning Direct X how would i be able to track two other API's

As Konfusius has already said, the Nvidia and ATI SDK's are mainly advanced samples, tools, whitepapers etc... It's not a seperate API unless you want to use Cg or something.

neneboricua
what's Cg? and what are white papers?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement