Sign in to follow this  
Peter Conn

TransparentBlt not working

Hiya I have bought a bokk called "Sam Teach Yourself Game Programming in 24 hours". I have been trying to make a simple game that moves a sprite around the screen, so far I have managed to make the sprite and background appear, modifying the game Henway from the book. The first time I tried to run I had loads of linking problesms with the objects, I sorted this out by removing all the lines that involved joystick functions, and a few involving bitmap drawing. Now I can run the program but unfortunatly it still shows any magenta (rgb(255,0,255)) parts I have put in the pictures even though they shouldn't be drawn. I have traced this to the function: void Bitmap::Draw(HDC hDC, int x, int y, BOOL bTrans, COLORREF crTransColor) { if (m_hBitmap != NULL) { // Create a memory device context for the bitmap HDC hMemDC = CreateCompatibleDC(hDC); // Select the bitmap into the device context HBITMAP hOldBitmap = (HBITMAP)SelectObject(hMemDC, m_hBitmap); // Draw the bitmap to the destination device context // if (bTrans) // TransparentBlt(hDC, x, y, GetWidth(), GetHeight(), hMemDC, 0, 0, // GetWidth(), GetHeight(), crTransColor); // else BitBlt(hDC, x, y, GetWidth(), GetHeight(), hMemDC, 0, 0, SRCCOPY); // Restore and delete the memory device context SelectObject(hMemDC, hOldBitmap); DeleteDC(hMemDC); } } I cannot run the program without commenting out the lines otherwise it will come up with: Bitmap.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp__TransparentBlt@44 Debug/Movement Feature.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals Error executing link.exe. I am currently using MS Visual C++ 6, can someone please tell me how to make this work?

I don't really know much about libruaries, although I know how to link to them, is there a way to tell which libruary you need to link to to make a certain function work?