Sign in to follow this  
vidalsasoon

DX(.NET 2.0) - Getting VertexBuffer positions from a mesh

I could get the VertexBuffer positions with .NET 1.0... /* .NET 1.0 PositionNormalTextured[] lockedVerts = mesh.LockVertexBuffer( typeof(PositionNormalTextured), LockFlags.None, mesh.NumberVertices) as PositionNormalTextured[]; */ Using .NET 2.0, "LockVertexBuffer(...)" only returns a GraphicsBuffer so i'm now a little lost on what to do. // this compiles but how to get the positions of my vertices? graphicsBuffer = mesh.LockVertexBuffer<PositionNormalTextured>(LockFlags.None); My experience with Generics is limited to a few hours... I assume somehow getting the data from the "graphicsBuffer" will give data of type "PositionNormalTextured"?

I just had a look in the MDX documentation (still a painful experience I find).

this page (on Vertex Buffers) has a code fragment at the bottom seems to indicate a couple of ways of getting at the data.

In general, the GraphicsStream.InternalData property seems to be what you need to look into.

hth
Jack

At a guess, your now using MDX for .NET 2 - right? If so, graphicsstream now uses generics for this (yay for less casts!)

GraphicsBuffer.InternalData does not exist in .net 2.0

good alternatives look like:

GetBuffer
or
DataBuffer

Compiler doesn't like what i'm typing down... Next SDK comes out in a couple weeks weeks with hopefully a little documentation.