bool dmover= false;
    bool gunin= false;
    bool crmove= false;
    while (dmover= false);
    int plan;

cout<<"Hello\n";
    cout<<"Welcome to the Demo!\n";
    cout<<"This is test room 1.\n";
    cout<<"You are in a large dusty room, with a table, a gun on the table, and a door to your right.";  //Room Description
    cout<<"What would you like to do?\n";
    cout<<"1) Take the Gun.\n";
    cout<<"2) Clean the room.\n";
    cout<<"3) Go right (Through the door).\n";
    cin>>plan;
    if (plan == 1);
      {cout<<"You take the gun.\n"};
      else {cout<<"Nothing happens\n"};

system("PAUSE"); 
    return EXIT_SUCCESS;
}

Whats wrong with it? Its sayign theres something wrong with {
Advertisement
Your if statement should look more like:
  if (plan == 1) {    cout<<"You take the gun.\n";  } else {    cout<<"Nothing happens\n";  }

You had a semi-colon after the if (plan == 1) which makes so that if the plan was equal to 1 it would do nothing, and then you had semi-colons after the } instead of after the statements.
if (plan == 1);
{cout<
Thanks i fixed that. (Thought I am sure there will be more problems soon to come.

Death
When you have an if() you should have it like this:
if(anExpression){ //curly brace 1    //do stuff} //curly brace 2

You can a ; on the end of the if(), so that means that the if() does nothing, since just a ; means an empty statememt. The second thing is that the { and the } declare a new scope. So you dont put a ; on the end, just like you don't put a ; on the end of ther main() {}. You have to put the ; on the statement, just like you have in the beginning.

P.S. You also have an infinite loop in there:
while(dmover == false);

That's an empty statement, just like I said with the 'if'. You should have it more like:
while(dmover == false)//; - not here...{//not here either...    //do your stuff ;)}//no here, either...
thanks.. Ill be back with more questions as they come.
int main(int argc, char *argv[]){    bool dmover= false;    bool gunin= false;    bool crmove= false;    while (dmover= false);    int plan;          cout<<"Hello\n";    cout<<"Welcome to the Demo!\n";    cout<<"This is test room 1.\n";    cout<<"You are in a large dusty room, with a table,and a door to your right.";  //Room Description    cout<<"What would you like to do?\n";    cout<<"1) Take the Gun.\n";    cout<<"2) Clean the room.\n";    cout<<"3) Go right (Through the door).\n";    cin>>plan;    if (plan == 1) {    cout<<"You take the gun.\n";  } else {    cout<<"You are in a large dusty room, with a table,and a door to your right\n";  }  if (gunin= true) {             cout<<"You are in a large dusty room, with a table,and a door to your right.";             } else {                    cout<<"You are in a large dusty room, with a table,and a door to your right.";                    }             

1) I need to know how I make it, so that when they take the gun, gunnin = true.
2) Is there a way to make it so that it repeats the room description on its own on else. Or do I have to redo the description every time manually?
3) I want the while loop to make it loop forever. Is it the way it should be? If not how do I make it do so. (I need a loop to make the program not stop untill I tell it to(terminate)).

Thanks,

Death
Just a suggestion, if you don't like it ignore this post...

You have if (plan == 1) {/*do stuff*/} else {/*do stuff*/}. But you give 3 choices to the user... The else means that plan != 1... But what if the user puts in something like 5? That wasnt in the choices, so you can do something like this:
if (plan == 1) // if the plan is 1{    //do stuff}else if (plan == 2 || plan == 3) // if the plan is the other choices{    //do stuff}else // now...  if the choice is not any of them...{    std::cout<<"\n'"<<plan<<"' isn't one of the choices..."<<std::endl;}

Good luck!
Thanks that will help.. (Hadnt thought about that) :)

Still need those other questions answered please. :P
I tried it and something didnt work right (it didnt say the words like it was supposed to)
} else if (plan == 2 )
{cout<<"You sweep the dust off of the table with your hand, while swiping off the\nwalls you get a spider web stuck in your hand and you shake it off.\n";

}

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement