Mixing DirectX and MFC

Started by
6 comments, last by Binary1010 18 years, 5 months ago
Can I use DirectX functions in an MFC application? It seems like I should be able to as long as I link to the libs and include the header files, since MFC is just built off of Win32, but I thought I would check first before I took the effort to start the application in MFC format.
Advertisement
Yes.
yeah.. it is possibel.. but MFC isn't very good... you should programm your app with WinAPI... that is better!
Yes, more likely to screw up when its running with MFC id advise the Win32 API works best.
Yeah, but if I use MFC, I can make an interface on one side of the window and have the game playing right beside it (MMORPG).
you should learn the fundaments of windows programming... every thing you can do with the MFC you can do with the WinAPI,too!
Yeah, for a game MFC is WAY overboard. But for some sort of tool it *may* be useful for quickly getting things up and running. That way you can start using the tool rather than waste time trying to organize and clean up code for it.

Of course like Devil9000 said, learning the fundamentals is important and it's hard to use MFC without knowing the underlying system.
Quote:Original post by Devil9000
you should learn the fundaments of windows programming... every thing you can do with the MFC you can do with the WinAPI,too!

I know the fundamentals of windows programming, I've made plenty of windows programs, and I hate the Win32 API!!!. I'd much rather do my interface in MFC than deal with raw Win32 code. Maybe that's just me... but I like MFC a lot :)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement