Sign in to follow this  

Urgent: Multiple Animations With MS3D?

This topic is 4416 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I know that MS3D models store only one animation (I did a forum search) but is it feasible to break up this one animation into sections and treat these as multiple animations? Otherwise, I'm urgently looking for a relatively simple model format with bones for two of my courseworks in university. It must support multiple animations and skeletal animation. I don't have time to write my own format. Do you know of any format which fits the bill?

Sure, this is workable. You'll need to be careful that when you grab bone data for interpolation purposes, you 'clamp' any requests to within the range of the current animation, otherwise neighbouring animations will affect each other. The clamping approach means you'd be able to use a single keyframe in multiple animations (e.g. end of first anim, start of second). I'd recommend augmenting the MS3D format with a text file for each model that describes where each animation starts and stops.

yes, it's doable, as that's how i made multi-range animation in my [4E4] contest entry 'Brigand' : as said previously, it's just a matter of calculating the right time range for start/end frame, and then loop between those.

Look here : http://www.johnfindlay.plus.com/lcc-win32/opengl/opengl.htm

You'll find some animated .ms3d openGl code. With a little tweaking in the advanceModel() function, you'll have what you need.

This topic is 4416 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.