Results posted.

Started by
78 comments, last by jlgosse 18 years, 5 months ago
aw crap, I didn't notice I wasn't logged in! XD
Advertisement
HOORAY FOR ALL THE WINNERS !!!

Matt... we did not win... yeah you are right lets get drunk and cry like real mens hehe

all jokes aside will we get to see the scores ? see what our flaws were ?
Nice job everyone and congratulations to all of those who won!
Congrats to Ninja Loves Pirate!
That's a ton of prizes.

I was crossing my fingers that we'd actually see some scores, but at least superpig will be free to give out his opinions now.
I appreciate the hard work from the judges but I was expecting something more like the retro remakes competition in terms of judging process and feedback: http://www.retroremakes.com/comp2004/results.php

73 entries ranked in order with a table of results detailing points for each area of the game and an overall percentage. Also each judge's individual top ten. And best graphics, best sound and most faithful awards. Each game has a reviews page with a review and score from each judge.
I think the objective at this time was to finally post the results so that the people who worked so hard on their entries could see the outcome of the competition. I have no doubt that the judges will talk about the individual entries at this point.

---
Michael Tanczos
That would be great, as things stand if you didn't make it into the top 5 your game might as well not have existed.

It was good fun though, thanks for another great competition gamedev!
Quote:Original post by Kyo
I appreciate the hard work from the judges but I was expecting something more like the retro remakes competition in terms of judging process and feedback: http://www.retroremakes.com/comp2004/results.php

73 entries ranked in order with a table of results detailing points for each area of the game and an overall percentage. Also each judge's individual top ten. And best graphics, best sound and most faithful awards. Each game has a reviews page with a review and score from each judge.

And those results where not complete until 2 months after the competition had ended.
Well darn - but no real surprise, all of those entries were tops in terms of polish and completeness. Poor Kasei had a good concept, but I just didn't have time to give it the polish it needed to shine.

If only I'd had a little more time - I had the dratted problematic systems optimized about 4 days after the competition deadline ;)

Thanks for the good competition, and the object lessons in both feature creep and maintaining work focus. Congrats to all the winners!
Thank you everybody! This contest has been a blast, and we've learned so much! Thank you gamedev! This really gets me eager to finnish my post mortem, and maybe some other stuff around this game aswell!

// One happy DoktorAce

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement