Results posted.

Started by
78 comments, last by jlgosse 18 years, 5 months ago
Congrats to all the winners !

I'm quite surprised that my entry (Zirconia 2) made it this far; thought that it would be overlooked since it may look like a standard shooter, but the gameplay is different from the usual.

Like most others, I would like to see the ratings numbers at some point (like they did for 4E3).
___________________________Z2 Gamesfeaturing Zirconia 2: Battle [4E4], Cognizance, and Boxxed
Advertisement
Good work guys, esp. to the Ninja <3 Pirate team ^_^. Thats a lot of dough right there ;).

Anyway, yeah it would be good to get everyone elses overall ranking/grade -_-.

- Thomas Cowellwebsite | journal | engine video

Congratulations to everyone! I'm a bit amazed that out of the four games I've sampled so far, they all made the top 5! (although they were all very good...)
Congratulations to Ninja Loves Pirate, you guys did a great job and even though it cost me a win I'm glad that the judges picked the best game.

Thanks to Gamedev.net for having this contest, all the sponsors for all of the great prizes they provided, FMOD for allowing the contestents to use the FMOD software, Mayang's Free Texture Library for providing awesome photographs to work with, CGTalk for helping me learn alot about modeling and texturing during the contest, and everybody else who competed, I don't think I played a single game that I didn't enjoy.

I learned alot in this contest, and I will be a better game developer for it. I lost a lot of sleep, dropped a few grades, missed a day of work, and made other sacrifices, but I would do it all again in a heart beat. (with a bigger team of course ;)

I am going to continue developing Toy Robo now that the contest is over, and I will definetly be looking for help in a short while. If you might be interested, send me a PM or email (nuget5555@yahoo.com).

Once a little more detailed feedback is provided reguarding the scoring, I think I'll try to put together a post mortum if anyone shows an interest.
Congratulations to everyone who has worked for the contest!
Good job on those games!

Ninja <3 Pirate deserved to win, it's a great game, but so are the other top 5 :)

(not to mention all the other entries)

It would be really cool if the judges released some comments on the games, it doesn't have to be instantaneous but it would be nice of them if they did some time in the future :)
Quote:Original post by Michael Tanczos
I think the objective at this time was to finally post the results so that the people who worked so hard on their entries could see the outcome of the competition. I have no doubt that the judges will talk about the individual entries at this point.

---
Michael Tanczos

Awesome [grin]. Can't wait to hear from the judges! (who ARE the judges, anyways? The only one I know is superpig, and that's only because pi=3 told me...).
gsgraham.comSo, no, zebras are not causing hurricanes.
Congratulations to everyone! It'll take me some time to try all the games...

Quote:Original post by Nuget5555
Once a little more detailed feedback is provided reguarding the scoring, I think I'll try to put together a post mortum if anyone shows an interest.

I am, and I'm pretty sure I won't be the only one.
Something I thought was especially neat was the emphasis on the gameplay itself instead of the reputation of the technology used to drive it. I was really surprised in fact with respect to the very high quality of the "ninja <3 pirate" game to learn from the credits that it was actually made using Game Maker, which so many people bash on these forums!
h20, member of WFG 0 A.D.
This made me go to the Game Maker website to see what it is.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement