• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
arthur robaina

OpenGL read matrix in c++ with opengl

This topic is 4635 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Advertisement
Um I'm not sure exactly what your asking but you can use
glMultMatrixf() and pass in a matrix to multiply by the current matrix or just use glRotatef(),glTranslatef() for manipulating part of the matrix.

hi

I think you have to be more specific about what it is that you want before anybody can help you.

You say you want to read a matrix. Okay what kind of matrix? a specific size or just some arbitrary matrix? Aer we talking translation matrix or rotation or is it both? is it a vector?(that would be 3X1 matrix or 1X3, depending if we're using coloum vectors or row vectors)

What kind of coordinates are we talking about, 2D, 3D? Cartesian, polar or spherical?

Then you want x y z to be the solution of an equation. What equation? what are you trying to do specifically?

regards
thallish

What kind of coordinates are we talking about, 2D, 3D? Cartesian, polar or spherical?

3d -- Cartesian

Then you want x y z to be the solution of an equation. What equation? what are you trying to do specifically?

solution of an equation (se) --> I do not know as to specify.they can be values of a test of heating in a cube.

My english is unfortunatelly very poor.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!