c++ is annoying

Started by
24 comments, last by evil_republican 18 years, 5 months ago
You have to stick with it to see results.
Advertisement
also, it seems like there isn't enough information on how to make games with dev-c++. everyone seems to be using msvc++ and i can't afford msvc++.
I am really not experianced in c++, but I know that there are some books out there that teach you (step-by-step) how to make a game engine using c++ (e.g. Beginnning Game Programming by Michael Morrison).
Quote:Original post by skyfire
also, it seems like there isn't enough information on how to make games with dev-c++. everyone seems to be using msvc++ and i can't afford msvc++.

Microsoft has released MSVC .NET 2003's optimizing compiler as a free download as well MSVC .NET 2005 Express Edition is available for a free download for the next year. (The free download lasts a year, you can use it as long as you want.)
Quote:Original post by SiCrane

Microsoft has released MSVC .NET 2003's optimizing compiler as a free download as well MSVC .NET 2005 Express Edition is available for a free download for the next year. (The free download lasts a year, you can use it as long as you want.)

argh! i can't download that compiler because of network problems.
You can't download the installer, or the installer can't download the components it needs when it runs?
nope. i even tried to download the img file but it always stops at 20%. maybe bill gates has hijacked my computer.
nope. i even tried to download the img file but it always stops at 20%. maybe bill gates has hijacked my computer.

Why would he stop you from downloading one of his endorsed products? [grin]
I program in my sleep,but when I sleep I use the partition in my head that doesnt have g++ or the .net library, so im kinda screwed.
it was a joke. the point is, i can't download that compiler. i guess i'll just browse untill i find a language that suites me.
it was a joke. the point is, i can't download that compiler. i guess i'll just browse untill i find a language that suites me.

c++ works the same on many compilers.

the difference is (mainly) in the setup.

the things you have to change are libraries to link to, mainly. in visualc++ these are listed in the source. in dev-cpp you have to set them in project options.

c++ takes a lot more setup and getting used to but i think you'll find any language that comes close to it's power and flexibilty will require the same...

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement