c++ is annoying

Started by
24 comments, last by evil_republican 18 years, 5 months ago
i've made another attempt to learn c++ and although i understand most of the concepts pretty well, i think that's completely ridiculous that it takes so long to get anything done. could anyone point me to some other programming languages that are low level like c++ but don't take so long to get anything done? any help is appreciated. [Edited by - skyfire on November 12, 2005 5:00:17 PM]
Advertisement
Well C is the precessor of C++.

What is it you are having trouble doing?

ace
the main thing that i'm having trouble with is the development time factor. it always takes me so long to get anything done.
Say hello to Mr C# and Mr Python.

Seriously, the lower the level, the longer the development time.
I teleported home one night; With Ron and Sid and Meg; Ron stole Meggie's heart away; And I got Sydney's leg. <> I'm blogging, emo style
I'm sorry to say that low level languages in general have higher development times. Switching to another low level language isn't going to help things.
Visual BASIC is a good start for beginners or those who don't like harder languages that takes longer to master.
Quote:
could anyone point me to some other programming languages that are low level like c++ but don't take so long to get anything done?

I think that the problem that you are having with development time is directly related to your desire to program in a low level language.
It might be worth your while to check out The D Programming Language.

http://www.gamedev.net/community/forums/topic.asp?topic_id=356264

Okay well, according to this post you made about 7 days ago it doesnt seem to me like you've been really studying C++ for a very long time. Maybe try sticking with C++ for a bit before you give up?
gosper: i've been trying to convert to c++ forever but i've always went back to blitz because of one problem or another.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement