Sign in to follow this  

Unity [web] Installing PHP MySQL extension

This topic is 4418 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I just installed PHP using the Windows Installer (no extensions). But I need some extensions. So I downloaded the full ZIP of all Windows PHP stuff. So I have this big directory full of .dll files (like php_mysql.dll, the one I want). My php.ini file says this: ; Directory in which the loadable extensions (modules) reside. extension_dir = "./" So I put all the DLLs into the c:\php directory. Still no dice. So I changed it to: extension_dir = "c:/php/" and later to extension_dir = "C:\PHP\" (case, slash direction corrected) Still nothing. Well, something. Error message: PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'C:\PHP\php_bz2.dll' - The specified module could not be found. in Unknown on line 0 PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'C:\PHP\php_fdf.dll' - The specified module could not be found. in Unknown on line 0 PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'C:\PHP\php_ifx.dll' - The specified module could not be found. in Unknown on line 0 PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'C:\PHP\php_interbase.dll' - The specified module could not be found. in Unknown on line 0 PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'C:\PHP\php_mcrypt.dll' - The specified module could not be found. in Unknown on line 0 PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'C:\PHP\php_mhash.dll' - The specified module could not be found. in Unknown on line 0 PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'C:\PHP\php_msql.dll' - The specified module could not be found. in Unknown on line 0 PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'C:\PHP\php_mysql.dll' - The specified module could not be found. in Unknown on line 0 PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'C:\PHP\php_oci8.dll' - The specified module could not be found. in Unknown on line 0 PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'C:\PHP\php_oracle.dll' - The specified module could not be found. in Unknown on line 0 Cannot find module (IP-MIB): At line 0 in (none) Cannot find module (IF-MIB): At line 0 in (none) Cannot find module (TCP-MIB): At line 0 in (none) Cannot find module (UDP-MIB): At line 0 in (none) Cannot find module (SNMPv2-MIB): At line 0 in (none) Cannot find module (SNMPv2-SMI): At line 0 in (none) Cannot find module (UCD-SNMP-MIB): At line 0 in (none) Cannot find module (UCD-DEMO-MIB): At line 0 in (none) Cannot find module (SNMP-TARGET-MIB): At line 0 in (none) Cannot find module (SNMP-VIEW-BASED-ACM-MIB): At line 0 in (none) Cannot find module (SNMP-COMMUNITY-MIB): At line 0 in (none) Cannot find module (UCD-DLMOD-MIB): At line 0 in (none) Cannot find module (SNMP-FRAMEWORK-MIB): At line 0 in (none) Cannot find module (SNMP-MPD-MIB): At line 0 in (none) Cannot find module (SNMP-USER-BASED-SM-MIB): At line 0 in (none) Cannot find module (SNMP-NOTIFICATION-MIB): At line 0 in (none) Cannot find module (SNMPv2-TM): At line 0 in (none) PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'C:\PHP\php_sybase_ct.dll' - The specified module could not be found. in Unknown on line 0 PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'C:\PHP\php_w32api.dll' - The specified module could not be found. in Unknown on line 0 PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'C:\PHP\php_yaz.dll' - The specified module could not be found. in Unknown on line 0 All those files exist. What the heck do I have to do to install these extensions? PHP doesn't seem to come with any kind of admin tool. ~BenDilts( void );

You may need to copy the php4ts.dll / php5ts.dll to your Windows\System32 folder. Also, are you sure the DLLs are directly in the c:\php folder? By default I think they are in c:\php\ext.

Yes, the Dlls are right in c:\php. As it turns out, my problem was that support DLLs for the ones that failed weren't there. I put in libmysql.dll, etc., problem solved. Except that PHP doesn't come with all the support DLLs for some of the extensions it ships standard. That's just wierd.

~BenDilts( void );

Quote:
Except that PHP doesn't come with all the support DLLs for some of the extensions it ships standard. That's just wierd.

There might be licensing conflicts that prevent them from bundling 3rd party DLLs with PHP. At one point there was a problem with MySQL 4 being bundled with PHP due to MySQL's new license. It's since been resolved, but I think the PHP folks still feel a bit betrayed over that...

This topic is 4418 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.