Sign in to follow this  
C plus noob

VC++ Class Thing not working (Intellisence Prob)

im using VC++ 2003 .NET PRO when i was programming say when i used WNDCLASSEX wc; when i went wc. right after the . a menu would pop up with the attributes of the struct/class in which you could double click it to add it to your source. now it doesnt work, any idea on how to re-enable this? [Edited by - C plus noob on November 12, 2005 9:21:32 PM]

That's called Intellisense. You can check your options to see if you turned it off, but in all likelyhood it's either being slow, or the intellisense database was corrupted. Go into your solution directory and delete <solutionname>.ncb then go back to visual studio and let it rebuild the database. This usually wakes up intellisense for me.

thanks, how to i let it rebuild sumthing or whatever, i think its corrupted as not long agothe program crashed trying to make an icon resource... i need it because i have a struct with close to 50 attributes, i just need reminding of what they are without having to look back XD

Microsoft says that you close the solution, delete the ncb, then open the solution. It will automatically rebuild it you just have to wait a few minutes (it does it in the background though, just look at the ncb and when it's file size stops changing it's done)

The link also provides links to how to change intellisense options.

Quote:

To turn IntelliSense options off by default

1. On the Tools menu, click Options.
2. Select the Text Editor folder.
3. Select the folder for the language you want to customize IntelliSense.
4. Select a property page for the language and clear check boxes for the options that you do not want.

To change default key mappings for IntelliSense options

1. On the Tools menu, click Options.
2. Click the Environment folder and then click the Keyboard page.
3. In the list box, click one of the following:
* Edit.ListMembers
* Edit.ParameterInfo
* Edit.QuickInfo
* Edit.CompleteWord

qhat am i looking for