Booty Duty -- Beta Release

Started by
18 comments, last by jeffason 18 years, 5 months ago
I think I handled everything very well, and I don't see anything I posted as being rude or inappropriate.
Advertisement
That's not terribly surprising, honestly. However, as a neutral and outside perspective, I found you to be rather brash. I don't see that calling someone "a complete dick" as being appropriate, certainly not when you're trying to get people to spend their time helping you out. Being your beta tester is not the privilege you seem to think it is, but would be in fact a service rendered to you. You should keep this fact in mind.
"Game Programming" in an of itself does not exist. We learn to program and then use that knowledge to make games.
I don't understand how I came off as thinking "it is a privilege to beta test our game"? Can you please explain that? We're a humble group of students excited to be working on a game, we love games. I decided I would post an announcement in the "Your Announcements" forum of gamedev in case any others would like to also be a part of developing a game that maybe have not had that chance before.

I really didn't expect this post to go in the direction it has, either you'd like to come and play our beta or you wouldn't. It isn't a life and death matter. I was making an announcement not a cry for help.

I'm sorry to all if I came off as being arrogant in any way, and trust me, anyone who tests our game will be greatly appreciated!
LOL
Quote:Original post by jeffason
I think I handled everything very well ...

And therein lies the problem. Having said that,
Quote:Original post by jeffason
I'm sorry to all if I came off as being arrogant in any way, and trust me, anyone who tests our game will be greatly appreciated!

Good save :)

John B
The best thing about the internet is the way people with no experience or qualifications can pretend to be completely superior to other people who have no experience or qualifications.
I really don't understand how this thread got thrown so off track. The release right now is not the final release of the game. The final release will be in a little less than one month.

When we release the final there will be completely open download links without any requirements or expectations. So if you would like to not participate in the Beta release then, by all means, don't! It really isn't a big deal like some of you make it seem. Simply ignore this thread and wait until next month when there is a "no-strings-attached" direct download link posted.
Wow, you leave a guy some constructive criticism and he calls you "a complete dick". I even wished you the best with your game.

Thanks for the heads up on what going "gold" means. Don't even believe for a second that I had the sightest thought of your run of the mill game going gold (in sales terms), or even copper for that matter.

Honestly I don't see how you think calling me "a complete dick" wouldn't be offensive. Perhaps you're an insecure little prick who needs to be knocked down a few ranks. For the slow people (i.e. you) that was meant to offensive.

Good job on reeling in all those beta testers, I'm sure you have tons by now.

I'm sure you'll return with some fun little comment, which I won't be around to see as I have better things to do than watch you ridicule yourself further, so good luck with that.
Criticism is appreciated, sarcasm is not. Leave it at the door next time!
Well now heres my critique, I have to agree with the posters above on the registration thing, I hate being forced to do something I don't want to do, I don't want to register, you say it takes 2 minutes, but damn near everything on the internet now requires registration. Another thing to note, is that if I play the game and don't like it, I wasted 2 minutes for no real long term gain. This is a hypothetical situation, I'm not saying your game does or does not suck, but I would rather play it, find out its awesome, and register in your forum cause I want to keep track of an awesome game, then register in your forum because you made me.
Yeah, BleedingBlue. I completely understand that argument and where its coming from. I'm most definitely gonna have direct download links for the final build(in about 2 weeks or so). I just wanted to put this out there in case there are some people who have extra time on their hands that would like to help us out.

Thanks for the feedback and I hope you will download our game once we release the direct link!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement