Qt linking to MSVC

Started by
2 comments, last by odi 18 years, 5 months ago
wasap? In my long quest for the ultimate GUI package I came across an exotic beast called QT. It seems nice but i just can't figure out how to link it to the VS. I looked at the LIB directory but all i found there was *.a and *.prl files. not a single .lib file :/ Then i looked for *.h files - there's A LOT of them... ok. So i wanted to ask - where are those lib files and how can i link the VS with QT. I just downloaded the new VS 2005 express (It's supposed to be free for the next year) thanx:) [Edited by - odi on November 19, 2005 1:34:38 PM]
Advertisement
If it's open-source, download the source, add to a project and compile as a static lib in VS (You may have to check dependencies and link libraries before you compile).

About the header files, there is usually (in such libraries) one header file such as QT.h which includes the others as required. But copy all of them to your include folder for VS before you start to use it.

Best of luck with it. [smile]
http://www.trolltech.com/download/qt/windows.html

there´s a precompiled mingw-QT

if you wanna use with vs just download source an compile it
Quote:Original post by deavik
If it's open-source, download the source, add to a project and compile as a static lib in VS (You may have to check dependencies and link libraries before you compile).[smile]

The problem is that I already compiled it with the mingw (the configure.exe says
i can compile this only with mingw.
I compiled (Using the installer) it and it did not produce any lib files :(

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement