• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
nullsquared

Visual C++ .exe files running on other than mine machine...

This topic is 4872 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi all! Ok, how do I make my .exe file run on someone else's pc? When I used mingW(gcc) it was as easy as copying the executable into a new folder along with extra dll's such as SDL.dll... But now that I switched to Visual C++ Express just doing the same thing told my cousin that it couldn't run... You know one of those "... Reinstalling the application may fix this problem. ...". What can I do about it? He told me it wasnt a specific file, even though he doesnt really speak english... Any ideas?

Advertisement
Ok... But that's not my problem. I'm not loading anything outside of the program, everything is drawn on the fly... The only DLL that is needed is SDL.dll, and maybe glu32.dll too.. I'll try to send him a new one, including SDL.dll, glu32.dll, and opengl32.dll... I can't think of anything else.

Thanks for helping, but I'm just going to fall back to code::blocks. As simple as -lSDLmain and -lSDL and hitting 'Build and Run' it's done. All you do then is copy the .exe and send it... No depend.exe, no release and debug, nothing... Ahh well, the only good thing was the intellisense.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!