• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
AdamGL

New look?

This topic is 4976 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Advertisement
I found both of these things a while back, so here are the answers (they could be out of date now though):

Quote:
Original post by programwizard
I found another problem with www2; normally, capn_midnight's avatar is a picture of a dude saying "a dime!", but here it's a picture of a silver car.
It's a shame he won't see this post because of his rating filters... [crying]

www2 and www don't point at the same files. I was told that the avatar issue is due to them simply being out-of-sync, and anyone who's changed their avatar since the copy is going to be wrong.

Quote:
Yet another problem: BB code emotes don't work!

I told them about that a while ago, and I understand it's in their system to be looked at [smile]

Cheers,
Jack

I quite like the new look, it's certainly different [grin]

One thing that's annoying though is I can't middle click on links on the top menu thing in firefox to open them up in a new window, I also can't right click and go open in new window or anything like that, it would be nice if it was possible to do that.

I like some aspects of the new layout, although the special username colors are a touch too light now. Also, the post reply button is too small and in a weird place, IMO. Also, the menu bar should be left-justified, IMO. Especially since if you make the window small, the menu gets lost even though there's space to put it. Instead, have it round off on the right side. And I think the colors for things are a little on the light side; they could be darkened just a bit to stand out more.

Will there be an option to use this layout with the old color scheme, at least for GDNet+ people?

I never even knew it existed!

I like it, it's so much cleaner and tidier, but I think it's too default. It looks just like the default schemes used by other boards. Perhaps, as Promit said (I think), we could darken it a little to add a unique flavour?

I like it though, top notch job.

hmm, I have to admit that I like the current design better. I do most of my gdnet surfing in the evenings (not that it matters in sweden at the moment, the sun sets before 3 in the afteroon) when its dark and a dark background is much nicer on the eyes.

Quote:
Original post by Undeadlnsanity
I like it, it's so much cleaner and tidier, but I think it's too default. It looks just like the default schemes used by other boards. Perhaps, as Promit said (I think), we could darken it a little to add a unique flavour?

I agree; the first thing I thought when I saw the forums was "Why did they switch to phpBB?"

OK, the wow effect is starting to wear off... it's just to bright! I got a headache from staring at the forums too long... perhaps this could be a skin for GDNet+ members? I have the perfect name: "www2 theme".

Hmm, the cat's (more) out of the bag now.

Personally, I find the old site design considerably more readable. Yes, www2 has the clean, polished design of a professional corporate site, while www has slight overtones of "Billy's Satanic Flaming Skull GIF Temple", so I understand the change. But powder blue on blue, and black on grey, make my eyes say no.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!