• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
BeanDog

[web] VS.PHP: Two thumbs up!

This topic is 5107 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I just downloaded a trial version of VS.PHP, a PHP extension for Visual Studio .NET. It is amazing! Real debugging of PHP in a good IDE (all the watches and breakpoints and stuff work). It even catches javascript errors and brings up the page's source in Visual Studio with the error line highlighted. Server and client-side debugging in one package. Plus it of course defined a new language for Visual Studio, so syntax highlighting and autocomplete all work as you would expect. The bad part: By default, it installs an instance of Apache2 and PHP4 for you that automatically run as the default debugging environment. I had to uninstall and reinstall to get it to debug my IIS stuff, but now that I got it working, it works great. I might actually spend money on a development tool here. It's $99, which is a little steep for a glorified text editor, but it is a really glorified text editor :-) Just thought I'd let you guys know if you haven't seen it yet. If you have Visual Studio.NET anyway, it's definitely worth a download to try it out. ~BenDilts( void );

Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!