• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
jad_salloum

manager problem

This topic is 4868 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

hi guys i am getting an error on the following commands caps hardware = manager.getdevicecaps(0,devicetype.hardware); int adapterordinal = Manager.adapters.deafult.adapter; i am always getting error when i used Manager keyword what could be the problem ??? it used to work before on the same computer but now i don't know why it is not , i removed the sound card from the computer recently so could this be the problem ???!!!! but adapter is for the graphic card so i don't think so mmmmmmmmm .

Advertisement
What kind of errors are you getting? Compiler errors or runtime-errors? If you are getting compiletime errors and that's your exact code, you should capatalize the property and method names. Also Default is spelled wrong.

I'm not trying to be whitty, just trying obvious errors first here. Another thing to try is using the adapter ordinal you retrieve in the GetDeviceCaps method, so you can be sure that the correct device is queried.

forget about the capitalization it's not the error , when i build my application it doesn't give me any error and i cannot use the adapter ordinal because i am getting error on it . another thing is that i am getting that error in every application i made that is using Manager keyword and if the application does not contain Manager it gives an error on the creation of the device. could it be error from my VGA card but it was working very good

Try running the Caps Viewer from the SDK's utility samples. If it really is a hardware error, that application would fail to. If not, you might want to check out the source code of that sample utility to see if you're making the correct calls. I don't see anything wrong with the code semantics either, so maybe the samples source could be of help.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!