• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
TempHolder

[java] Java Webstart

This topic is 5106 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Iam trying to make a LWJGL application open from the browser using webstart and I got this error when Trying to run it any ideas? ... Category: Unexpected Error Unexpected exception: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException ... this is caused because when I run it it doesnt detect LWJGL from what i got. So how would I go about putting LWJGL in the users computer ? [Edited by - TempHolder on November 21, 2005 1:24:44 PM]

Advertisement
Did you include in the JNLP file a location from which WebStart can download LWJGL? Did you provide signed LWJGL jars to download? And is that really your problem?

The topmost exception in the stack trace often isn't the one to be interested in. There are usually other exceptions in the stack trace which ultimately caused the InvocationTargetException to throw. You should see one or more lines labelled "Caused By: <exception name>". The last exception listed is the one that you should be interested in.

yeah it was ym problem i had to extract the jars and add them to to the file myself, but i also have to give the users the DLL's but I dont want to do anything with them having to download something.

Here is a sample JNLP file that works. Take a look and make sure that you have everthing set up correctly.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>

<!-- JNLP File for Tetris -->
<jnlp
spec="1.0+"
codebase="http://24.103.107.96/"
href="Tetris.jnlp">
<information>
<title>Tetris</title>
<vendor>MAB Publishing</vendor>
<homepage href="http://members.rogers.com/mark.bernard/"/>
<description>Tetris clone</description>
<description kind="short">Tetris</description>
<offline-allowed/>
</information>
<security>
<all-permissions/>
</security>
<resources>
<j2se version="1.4+"/>
<jar href="tetris.jar"/>
<jar href="lwjgl.jar"/>
<jar href="lwjgl_test.jar"/>
</resources>
<resources os="Windows">
<j2se version="1.4+"/>
<nativelib href="lwjgl-windows.jar"/>
</resources>
<j2se version="1.4+" initial-heap-size="40m" max-heap-size="40m" java-vm-args="-Xincgc"/>
<property key="java.library.path" value="." />
<application-desc main-class="tetris.Tetris"/>
</jnlp>

Note the archive <nativelib href="lwjgl-windows.jar"/> contains the windows dll. You would also have to include the other native libs for Mac and Linux if you want it to work there as well.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!