• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Sprixus

Buying MUD-game?

This topic is 4873 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi, I was just woundering if there was games out there to be bought? I was thinking paying a programmer to make me a MUD game, hehe, but I was told it would be faster to buy an already existing game and then have some help edit it to my needs. Where would thees games be sold at? Or am I way lost? hehe Sprixus

Advertisement
If you look around a bit on the net there are some open source/free to use game engines for muds around. You can get one of those and modify it to your hearts content AFAIK. But you'll need a programmer if you want to do anything interesting. If you don't know much about them I suggest you find your programmer first then have them look with you and choose one, or choose to write one from the ground up but that's a lot more work that really doesn't do much for you. (If you plan to sell the mud then I'd read the license for whatever you choose really carefully and make sure it allows this)

Thank you,

What I'm interested in, is a "stand alone" MUD with it's own GUI and a Login
client. I hate playing on TELNET....

I know exactly how I want the GUI to look like, and I know how I want the
Login to look like, and I want a character creation client too lol.

THe best of it... I want to make the MUD so damn good, that I could easy
opperate it: means I can change stats, exp, NPC's etc.

Sprixus

You're still better off taking an existing MUD, and adding your own GUI and configuration on top of that. The actual GUI functions you describe would just translate to telnet commands on the back-end.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!