• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
PantherBoy

Screensaver plugin for max

This topic is 4865 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I recently tried my hand at creating a screensaver using C++ and unmanged D3D. Its very simple by just by loading up a hard coded .x file and rotates it. I then then thought since I know a little about 3d studio max sdk that so I can try and make a screen saver generator plugin. * I thought I had overcome the difficult part in writing the code that extracts all the mesh information from the 3ds max scene and write it to a x file, my pre built scr file could use this at runtime then. Then I thought wouldn't it be better if I can package up the resources and graphics code into one *.scr file. How would it be possible to insert resources into a executable\screensaver afterwords or is there a better approach I can take to this problem. I couldn't think of a solution and googling around didn't help me much either. Any pointers from would be much appreciated. Thanks * I actually got the idea from something I came across the net when researching screensavers, there is a commercial project that does just what I want to do (www.screensavermax.com) but it cost a lot of money and thought this would be a good learning excercise - though proved more difficult then initially thought.

Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!