Sign in to follow this  
Anvanya

Unrecognized directdraw stuff?

Anvanya    122
Hi, First off, I apologize, because I know this has been brought up once before; I googled this error before posting and came up with a thread on this forum. Unfortunately, after reading through it, I still can't get this to work. I'm trying to compile an example program given in Sam's Tricks of the Windows Game Programming Gurus. It's called Freakout, and is a copycat breakout game. It contains freakout.cpp, blackbox.cpp, and blackbox.h. When I try and compile either freakout.cpp or breakout.cpp, I get this error: c:\documents and settings\t-man\desktop\sam_sresources\blackbox.h(34) : error C2146: syntax error : missing ';' before identifier 'lpdd' c:\documents and settings\t-man\desktop\sam_sresources\blackbox.h(34) : fatal error C1004: unexpected end of file found The line in question: extern LPDIRECTDRAW7 lpdd; I'm using Visual C++ 6.0 compiler, and the DirectX SDK 8.1. I've linked ddraw.lib and included the DXSDK\lib folder at the top in Settings>>Directories. (As was brought up in a previous post, I've also linked dxguid.lib and dsound.) Thanks to anyone who can help!

dnsauve    181
Have you also added the DXSDK\include directory to the IDE directory lists? It looks like the compiler can't find the definition for lpdd; a LPDIRECTDRAW8 pointer, I presume?