• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Trillian

Debbugging & source code

This topic is 4593 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi! I am debbugging a program that is using a .lib library whch i have the source code. in the library source code I have 3ds.h 3ds.cpp 3ds_material.h (included in 3ds.cpp) 3ds_object.h (included in 3ds.cpp) but when I debug my app that is using this .lib, I can step-by-step the code of 3ds.cpp UNTIL I get into 3ds_material and then MSVS says there's no source code and shows me disassembly (and I hate this). But I have this source code! Is there a way I can let MSVS know I have this source code?

Advertisement
To do this, you'll have to recompile the libraries yourself. The only reason a debugger knows what line of source code you're on when you're running a program is because the code was compiled in debug mode. A compiler encodes filenames and line numbers right into the executable (or library) so it can tell where you are. Otherwise, if you've got a release mode library, a debugger is useless.

~BenDilts( void );

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!