Help setting up SDL with Dev-C++

Started by
6 comments, last by armond 18 years, 4 months ago
This is probably a little different than any other problems... I don't understand the errors shown... I go to work at night and come home in the morning... That's when I spend some time trying to learn game programming... So as you can see... I really don't have that much time... I need to get some sleep... So I hope you won't mind helping me with this... I'm sure I did everything as instructed on online tutorials on how to setup this up... But still, I get this error... I typed the following code...
[source lang=cpp]
#include <SDL/SDL.h >  /* All SDL App's need this */
#include <stdio.h>
#include <stdlib.h>

int main(int argc, char** argv) {

printf("Initializing SDL.\n");

/* Initialize defaults, Video and Audio */
    if((SDL_Init(SDL_INIT_VIDEO|SDL_INIT_AUDIO)==-1)) { 
        printf("Could not initialize SDL: %s.\n", SDL_GetError());
        exit(-1);
    }

printf("SDL initialized.\n");

printf("Quiting SDL.\n");

/* Shutdown all subsystems */
    SDL_Quit();

printf("Quiting....\n");

exit(0);
}

the linkers...
Quote: ../../../../../../Dev-Cpp/lib/libSDLmain.a ../../../../../../Dev-Cpp/lib/libSDL.a ../../../../../../Dev-Cpp/lib/libwinmm.a ../../../../../../Dev-Cpp/lib/libgdi32.a ../../../../../../Dev-Cpp/lib/libglu32.a ../../../../../../Dev-Cpp/lib/libopengl32.a ../../../../../../Dev-Cpp/lib/libmingw32.a ../../../../../../Dev-Cpp/lib/libuser32.a
We should never stop learning...
Advertisement

and I get the following error messages... Hmmm... Gamedev won't allow me to post the error message... Maybe because it's so lengthy... Anyway... Here's a few that could give a hint...

Quote:
Compiler: Default compiler
Building Makefile: "C:\Documents and Settings\Lamia\My Documents\Workspaces\DevC++\SDLTest\Makefile.win"
Executing make...
make.exe -f "C:\Documents and Settings\Lamia\My Documents\Workspaces\DevC++\SDLTest\Makefile.win" all
g++.exe main.o -o "SDLTest.exe" -L"C:/Dev-Cpp/lib" -mwindows Dev-Cpp/lib/libSDLmain.a Dev-Cpp/lib/libSDL.a Dev-Cpp/lib/libwinmm.a Dev-Cpp/lib/libgdi32.a Dev-Cpp/lib/libglu32.a Dev-Cpp/lib/libopengl32.a Dev-Cpp/lib/libmingw32.a Dev-Cpp/lib/libuser32.a

Dev-Cpp/lib/libSDL.a(SDL_dx5video.o)(.text+0x12c): In function `DX5_Available':
/home/hercules/public_cvs/SDL12/src/video/windx5/SDL_dx5video.c:487: undefined reference to `IID_IDirectDrawSurface3'
Dev-Cpp/lib/libSDL.a(SDL_dx5video.o)(.text+0xc74): In function `DX5_VideoInit':
/home/hercules/public_cvs/SDL12/src/video/windx5/SDL_dx5video.c:915: undefined reference to `IID_IDirectDraw2'
Dev-Cpp/lib/libSDL.a(SDL_dx5video.o)(.text+0x11a6): In function `DX5_AllocDDSurface':
/home/hercules/public_cvs/SDL12/src/video/windx5/SDL_dx5video.c:1672: undefined reference to `IID_IDirectDrawSurface3'
Dev-Cpp/lib/libSDL.a(SDL_dx5video.o)(.text+0x1672): In function `DX5_SetVideoMode':
/home/hercules/public_cvs/SDL12/src/video/windx5/SDL_dx5video.c:1320: undefined reference to `IID_IDirectDrawSurface3'
Dev-Cpp/lib/libSDL.a(SDL_dx5video.o)(.text+0x300d): In function `DX5_SetGammaRamp':
/home/hercules/public_cvs/SDL12/src/video/windx5/SDL_dx5video.c:2268: undefined reference to `IID_IDirectDrawGammaControl'

Dev-Cpp/lib/libSDL.a(SDL_dx5video.o)(.text+0x318b): In function `DX5_GetGammaRamp':
/home/hercules/public_cvs/SDL12/src/video/windx5/SDL_dx5video.c:2314: undefined reference to `IID_IDirectDrawGammaControl'
Dev-Cpp/lib/libSDL.a(SDL_dx5video.o)(.data+0x20): In function `DX5_Available':
/home/hercules/public_cvs/SDL12/src/video/windx5/SDL_dx5video.c:460: undefined reference to `GUID_XAxis'
Dev-Cpp/lib/libSDL.a(SDL_dx5video.o)(.data+0x30):/home/hercules/public_cvs/SDL12/src/video/windx5/SDL_dx5video.c:462: undefined reference to `GUID_YAxis'
Dev-Cpp/lib/libSDL.a(SDL_dx5video.o)(.data+0x40):/home/hercules/public_cvs/SDL12/src/video/windx5/SDL_dx5video.c:465: undefined reference to `GUID_ZAxis'
Dev-Cpp/lib/libSDL.a(SDL_dx5video.o)(.data+0x50):/home/hercules/public_cvs/SDL12/src/video/windx5/SDL_dx5video.c:466: undefined reference to `GUID_RxAxis'
Dev-Cpp/lib/libSDL.a(SDL_dx5video.o)(.data+0x60):/home/hercules/public_cvs/SDL12/src/video/windx5/SDL_dx5video.c:471: undefined reference to `GUID_RyAxis'
Dev-Cpp/lib/libSDL.a(SDL_dx5video.o)(.data+0x70):/home/hercules/public_cvs/SDL12/src/video/windx5/SDL_dx5video.c:472: undefined reference to `GUID_RzAxis'
Dev-Cpp/lib/libSDL.a(SDL_dx5video.o)(.data+0x80):/home/hercules/public_cvs/SDL12/src/video/windx5/SDL_dx5video.c:472: undefined reference to `GUID_Slider'
Dev-Cpp/lib/libSDL.a(SDL_dx5video.o)(.data+0x90):/home/hercules/public_cvs/SDL12/src/video/windx5/SDL_dx5video.c:472: undefined reference to `GUID_Slider'
Dev-Cpp/lib/libSDL.a(SDL_dx5video.o)(.data+0xa0):/home/hercules/public_cvs/SDL12/src/video/windx5/SDL_dx5video.c:474: undefined reference to `GUID_POV'
Dev-Cpp/lib/libSDL.a(SDL_dx5video.o)(.data+0xb0):/home/hercules/public_cvs/SDL12/src/video/windx5/SDL_dx5video.c:474: undefined reference to `GUID_POV'
Dev-Cpp/lib/libSDL.a(SDL_dx5video.o)(.data+0xc0):/home/hercules/public_cvs/SDL12/src/video/windx5/SDL_dx5video.c:481: undefined reference to `GUID_POV'

Dev-Cpp/lib/libSDL.a(SDL_dx5video.o)(.data+0xd0):/home/hercules/public_cvs/SDL12/src/video/windx5/SDL_dx5video.c:481: undefined reference to `GUID_POV'
Dev-Cpp/lib/libSDL.a(SDL_dx5video.o)(.data+0x2e0): In function `DX5_CreateDevice':
/home/hercules/public_cvs/SDL12/src/video/windx5/SDL_dx5video.c:532: undefined reference to `GUID_XAxis'
Dev-Cpp/lib/libSDL.a(SDL_dx5video.o)(.data+0x2f0):/home/hercules/public_cvs/SDL12/src/video/windx5/SDL_dx5video.c:533: undefined reference to `GUID_YAxis'
Dev-Cpp/lib/libSDL.a(SDL_dx5video.o)(.data+0x300):/home/hercules/public_cvs/SDL12/src/video/windx5/SDL_dx5video.c:537: undefined reference to `GUID_ZAxis'
Dev-Cpp/lib/libSDL.a(SDL_dx5video.o)(.data+0x360):/home/hercules/public_cvs/SDL12/src/video/windx5/SDL_dx5video.c:577: undefined reference to `GUID_Key'
Dev-Cpp/lib/libSDL.a(SDL_dx5video.o)(.data+0x370):/home/hercules/public_cvs/SDL12/src/video/windx5/SDL_dx5video.c:579: undefined reference to `GUID_Key'
Dev-Cpp/lib/libSDL.a(SDL_dx5video.o)(.data+0x380):/home/hercules/public_cvs/SDL12/src/video/windx5/SDL_dx5video.c:582: undefined reference to `GUID_Key'
Dev-Cpp/lib/libSDL.a(SDL_dx5video.o)(.data+0x390):/home/hercules/public_cvs/SDL12/src/video/windx5/SDL_dx5video.c:582: undefined reference to `GUID_Key'
Dev-Cpp/lib/libSDL.a(SDL_dx5video.o)(.data+0x3a0):/home/hercules/public_cvs/SDL12/src/video/windx5/SDL_dx5video.c:588: undefined reference to `GUID_Key'
Dev-Cpp/lib/libSDL.a(SDL_dx5video.o)(.data+0x3b0):/home/hercules/public_cvs/SDL12/src/video/windx5/SDL_dx5video.c:589: more undefined references to `GUID_Key' follow
Dev-Cpp/lib/libSDL.a(SDL_dx5events.o)(.text+0x13a5): In function `DX5_CreateWindow':
/home/hercules/public_cvs/SDL12/src/video/windx5/SDL_dx5events.c:177: undefined reference to `IID_IDirectInputDevice2A'

Dev-Cpp/lib/libSDL.a(SDL_dx5events.o)(.data+0x4): In function `GetTopLevelParent':
/home/hercules/public_cvs/SDL12/src/video/windx5/SDL_dx5events.c:72: undefined reference to `GUID_SysKeyboard'
Dev-Cpp/lib/libSDL.a(SDL_dx5events.o)(.data+0x1c):/home/hercules/public_cvs/SDL12/src/video/windx5/SDL_dx5events.c:76: undefined reference to `GUID_SysMouse'
Dev-Cpp/lib/libSDL.a(SDL_dx5yuv.o)(.text+0x106): In function `DX5_CreateYUVOverlay':
/home/hercules/public_cvs/SDL12/src/video/windx5/SDL_dx5yuv.c:86: undefined reference to `IID_IDirectDrawSurface3'
Dev-Cpp/lib/libmingw32.a(main.o)(.text+0x97):main.c: undefined reference to `WinMain@16'

make.exe: *** [SDLTest.exe] Error 1

Execution terminated
Quote:
g++.exe main.o -o "SDLTest.exe" -L"C:/Dev-Cpp/lib" -mwindows Dev-Cpp/lib/libSDLmain.a Dev-Cpp/lib/libSDL.a Dev-Cpp/lib/libwinmm.a Dev-Cpp/lib/libgdi32.a Dev-Cpp/lib/libglu32.a Dev-Cpp/lib/libopengl32.a Dev-Cpp/lib/libmingw32.a Dev-Cpp/lib/libuser32.a

It looks like the compiler is set up to link openGL
Yes, and what could possibly bhe wrong with my code then? I haven't even used any OpenGL command yet... Thanks!
Your code compilers perfectly for me.

It looks like you're linking in a few things that shouldn't be linked which may be causing problems. Create a brand new empty project and then insert your code into it (the one your provided in your first post). Once you've done that link in SDL.lib and SDLmain.lib (or -lSDL and -lSDLmain if you use a command-line linker).

Best of luck to you.
I have a tutorial on how to set up SDL in Dev C++

*points to sig*

Learn to make games with my SDL 2 Tutorials

Hi, I tried what you said but still get the following errors...

Quote:
Compiler: Default compiler
Building Makefile: "C:\Documents and Settings\Lamia\My Documents\Workspaces\DevC++\SDLTestAgain\Makefile.win"
Executing make...
make.exe -f "C:\Documents and Settings\Lamia\My Documents\Workspaces\DevC++\SDLTestAgain\Makefile.win" all
g++.exe -c main.cpp -o main.o -I"C:/Dev-Cpp/include/c++/3.3.1" -I"C:/Dev-Cpp/include/c++/3.3.1/mingw32" -I"C:/Dev-Cpp/include/c++/3.3.1/backward" -I"C:/Dev-Cpp/lib/gcc-lib/mingw32/3.3.1/include" -I"C:/Dev-Cpp/include"

g++.exe main.o -o "SDLTestAgain.exe" -L"C:/Dev-Cpp/lib" Dev-Cpp/lib/libSDL.a Dev-Cpp/lib/libSDLmain.a

Dev-Cpp/lib/libSDL.a(SDL_systimer.o)(.text+0x15): In function `SDL_StartTicks':
/home/hercules/public_cvs/SDL12/src/timer/SDL_systimer.c:73: undefined reference to `timeBeginPeriod@4'
Dev-Cpp/lib/libSDL.a(SDL_systimer.o)(.text+0x1d):/home/hercules/public_cvs/SDL12/src/timer/SDL_systimer.c:74: undefined reference to `timeGetTime@0'
Dev-Cpp/lib/libSDL.a(SDL_systimer.o)(.text+0xc1): In function `SDL_GetTicks':
/home/hercules/public_cvs/SDL12/src/timer/SDL_systimer.c:101: undefined reference to `timeGetTime@0'
Dev-Cpp/lib/libSDL.a(SDL_systimer.o)(.text+0x12e): In function `SDL_SYS_TimerInit':
/home/hercules/public_cvs/SDL12/src/timer/SDL_systimer.c:189: undefined reference to `timeBeginPeriod@4'
Dev-Cpp/lib/libSDL.a(SDL_systimer.o)(.text+0x162):/home/hercules/public_cvs/SDL12/src/timer/SDL_systimer.c:195: undefined reference to `timeSetEvent@20'
Dev-Cpp/lib/libSDL.a(SDL_systimer.o)(.text+0x1c7): In function `SDL_SYS_TimerQuit':
/home/hercules/public_cvs/SDL12/src/timer/SDL_systimer.c:208: undefined reference to `timeEndPeriod@4'
Dev-Cpp/lib/libSDL.a(SDL_systimer.o)(.text+0x1d4):/home/hercules/public_cvs/SDL12/src/timer/SDL_systimer.c:206: undefined reference to `timeKillEvent@4'
Dev-Cpp/lib/libSDL.a(SDL_systimer.o)(.text+0x1e3):/home/hercules/public_cvs/SDL12/src/timer/SDL_systimer.c:208: undefined reference to `timeEndPeriod@4'
Dev-Cpp/lib/libSDL.a(SDL_dibaudio.o)(.text+0x1c2): In function `SetMMerror':
/home/hercules/public_cvs/SDL12/src/audio/windib/SDL_dibaudio.c:141: undefined reference to `waveOutGetErrorTextA@12'
Dev-Cpp/lib/libSDL.a(SDL_dibaudio.o)(.text+0x28d): In function `DIB_PlayAudio':
/home/hercules/public_cvs/SDL12/src/audio/windib/SDL_dibaudio.c:174: undefined reference to `waveOutWrite@12'
Dev-Cpp/lib/libSDL.a(SDL_dibaudio.o)(.text+0x35e): In function `DIB_CloseAudio':
/home/hercules/public_cvs/SDL12/src/audio/windib/SDL_dibaudio.c:214: undefined reference to `waveOutUnprepareHeader@12'
Dev-Cpp/lib/libSDL.a(SDL_dibaudio.o)(.text+0x394):/home/hercules/public_cvs/SDL12/src/audio/windib/SDL_dibaudio.c:208: undefined reference to `waveOutClose@4'
Dev-Cpp/lib/libSDL.a(SDL_dibaudio.o)(.text+0x4ef): In function `DIB_OpenAudio':
/home/hercules/public_cvs/SDL12/src/audio/windib/SDL_dibaudio.c:274: undefined reference to `waveOutOpen@24'
Dev-Cpp/lib/libSDL.a(SDL_dibaudio.o)(.text+0x5c6):/home/hercules/public_cvs/SDL12/src/audio/windib/SDL_dibaudio.c:317: undefined reference to `waveOutPrepareHeader@12'
Dev-Cpp/lib/libSDL.a(SDL_dx5video.o)(.text+0x12c): In function `DX5_Available':
/home/hercules/public_cvs/SDL12/src/video/windx5/SDL_dx5video.c:487: undefined reference to `IID_IDirectDrawSurface3'
Dev-Cpp/lib/libSDL.a(SDL_dx5video.o)(.text+0xc74): In function `DX5_VideoInit':

/home/hercules/public_cvs/SDL12/src/video/windx5/SDL_dx5video.c:915: undefined reference to `IID_IDirectDraw2'

Dev-Cpp/lib/libSDL.a(SDL_dx5video.o)(.text+0xcc7):/home/hercules/public_cvs/SDL12/src/video/windx5/SDL_dx5video.c:925: undefined reference to `GetDeviceCaps@8'
Dev-Cpp/lib/libSDL.a(SDL_dx5video.o)(.text+0xcdd):/home/hercules/public_cvs/SDL12/src/video/windx5/SDL_dx5video.c:925: undefined reference to `GetDeviceCaps@8'
Dev-Cpp/lib/libSDL.a(SDL_dx5video.o)(.text+0x11a6): In function `DX5_AllocDDSurface':
/home/hercules/public_cvs/SDL12/src/video/windx5/SDL_dx5video.c:1672: undefined reference to `IID_IDirectDrawSurface3'
Dev-Cpp/lib/libSDL.a(SDL_dx5video.o)(.text+0x1672): In function `DX5_SetVideoMode':
/home/hercules/public_cvs/SDL12/src/video/windx5/SDL_dx5video.c:1320: undefined reference to `IID_IDirectDrawSurface3'
Dev-Cpp/lib/libSDL.a(SDL_dx5video.o)(.text+0x300d): In function `DX5_SetGammaRamp':
/home/hercules/public_cvs/SDL12/src/video/windx5/SDL_dx5video.c:2268: undefined reference to `IID_IDirectDrawGammaControl'
Dev-Cpp/lib/libSDL.a(SDL_dx5video.o)(.text+0x318b): In function `DX5_GetGammaRamp':

/home/hercules/public_cvs/SDL12/src/video/windx5/SDL_dx5video.c:2314: undefined reference to `IID_IDirectDrawGammaControl'
Dev-Cpp/lib/libSDL.a(SDL_dx5video.o)(.text+0x3505): In function `DX5_PaletteChanged':
/home/hercules/public_cvs/SDL12/src/video/windx5/SDL_dx5video.c:2451: undefined reference to `GetSystemPaletteEntries@16'

Dev-Cpp/lib/libSDL.a(SDL_dx5video.o)(.data+0x20): In function `DX5_Available':
/home/hercules/public_cvs/SDL12/src/video/windx5/SDL_dx5video.c:460: undefined reference to `GUID_XAxis'
Dev-Cpp/lib/libSDL.a(SDL_dx5video.o)(.data+0x30):/home/hercules/public_cvs/SDL12/src/video/windx5/SDL_dx5video.c:462: undefined reference to `GUID_YAxis'
Dev-Cpp/lib/libSDL.a(SDL_dx5video.o)(.data+0x40):/home/hercules/public_cvs/SDL12/src/video/windx5/SDL_dx5video.c:465: undefined reference to `GUID_ZAxis'
Dev-Cpp/lib/libSDL.a(SDL_dx5video.o)(.data+0x50):/home/hercules/public_cvs/SDL12/src/video/windx5/SDL_dx5video.c:466: undefined reference to `GUID_RxAxis'
Dev-Cpp/lib/libSDL.a(SDL_dx5video.o)(.data+0x60):/home/hercules/public_cvs/SDL12/src/video/windx5/SDL_dx5video.c:471: undefined reference to `GUID_RyAxis'
Dev-Cpp/lib/libSDL.a(SDL_dx5video.o)(.data+0x70):/home/hercules/public_cvs/SDL12/src/video/windx5/SDL_dx5video.c:472: undefined reference to `GUID_RzAxis'

Dev-Cpp/lib/libSDL.a(SDL_dx5video.o)(.data+0x80):/home/hercules/public_cvs/SDL12/src/video/windx5/SDL_dx5video.c:472: undefined reference to `GUID_Slider'
Dev-Cpp/lib/libSDL.a(SDL_dx5video.o)(.data+0x90):/home/hercules/public_cvs/SDL12/src/video/windx5/SDL_dx5video.c:472: undefined reference to `GUID_Slider'
Dev-Cpp/lib/libSDL.a(SDL_dx5video.o)(.data+0xa0):/home/hercules/public_cvs/SDL12/src/video/windx5/SDL_dx5video.c:474: undefined reference to `GUID_POV'
Dev-Cpp/lib/libSDL.a(SDL_dx5video.o)(.data+0xb0):/home/hercules/public_cvs/SDL12/src/video/windx5/SDL_dx5video.c:474: undefined reference to `GUID_POV'
Dev-Cpp/lib/libSDL.a(SDL_dx5video.o)(.data+0xc0):/home/hercules/public_cvs/SDL12/src/video/windx5/SDL_dx5video.c:481: undefined reference to `GUID_POV'
Dev-Cpp/lib/libSDL.a(SDL_dx5video.o)(.data+0xd0):/home/hercules/public_cvs/SDL12/src/video/windx5/SDL_dx5video.c:481: undefined reference to `GUID_POV'
Dev-Cpp/lib/libSDL.a(SDL_dx5video.o)(.data+0x2e0): In function `DX5_CreateDevice':
/home/hercules/public_cvs/SDL12/src/video/windx5/SDL_dx5video.c:532: undefined reference to `GUID_XAxis'
Dev-Cpp/lib/libSDL.a(SDL_dx5video.o)(.data+0x2f0):/home/hercules/public_cvs/SDL12/src/video/windx5/SDL_dx5video.c:533: undefined reference to `GUID_YAxis'
Dev-Cpp/lib/libSDL.a(SDL_dx5video.o)(.data+0x300):/home/hercules/public_cvs/SDL12/src/video/windx5/SDL_dx5video.c:537: undefined reference to `GUID_ZAxis'
Dev-Cpp/lib/libSDL.a(SDL_dx5video.o)(.data+0x360):/home/hercules/public_cvs/SDL12/src/video/windx5/SDL_dx5video.c:577: undefined reference to `GUID_Key'
Dev-Cpp/lib/libSDL.a(SDL_dx5video.o)(.data+0x370):/home/hercules/public_cvs/SDL12/src/video/windx5/SDL_dx5video.c:579: undefined reference to `GUID_Key'
Dev-Cpp/lib/libSDL.a(SDL_dx5video.o)(.data+0x380):/home/hercules/public_cvs/SDL12/src/video/windx5/SDL_dx5video.c:582: undefined reference to `GUID_Key'
Dev-Cpp/lib/libSDL.a(SDL_dx5video.o)(.data+0x390):/home/hercules/public_cvs/SDL12/src/video/windx5/SDL_dx5video.c:582: undefined reference to `GUID_Key'
Dev-Cpp/lib/libSDL.a(SDL_dx5video.o)(.data+0x3a0):/home/hercules/public_cvs/SDL12/src/video/windx5/SDL_dx5video.c:588: undefined reference to `GUID_Key'
Dev-Cpp/lib/libSDL.a(SDL_dx5video.o)(.data+0x3b0):/home/hercules/public_cvs/SDL12/src/video/windx5/SDL_dx5video.c:589: more undefined references to `GUID_Key' follow
Dev-Cpp/lib/libSDL.a(SDL_dibvideo.o)(.text+0x356): In function `DIB_CreatePalette':
/home/hercules/public_cvs/SDL12/src/video/windib/SDL_dibvideo.c:281: undefined reference to `GetSystemPaletteEntries@16'
Dev-Cpp/lib/libSDL.a(SDL_dibvideo.o)(.text+0x375):/home/hercules/public_cvs/SDL12/src/video/windib/SDL_dibvideo.c:283: undefined reference to `CreatePalette@4'
Dev-Cpp/lib/libSDL.a(SDL_dibvideo.o)(.text+0x444): In function `DIB_SussScreenDepth':
/home/hercules/public_cvs/SDL12/src/video/windib/SDL_dibvideo.c:417: undefined reference to `CreateCompatibleBitmap@12'
Dev-Cpp/lib/libSDL.a(SDL_dibvideo.o)(.text+0x477):/home/hercules/public_cvs/SDL12/src/video/windib/SDL_dibvideo.c:423: undefined reference to `GetDIBits@28'
Dev-Cpp/lib/libSDL.a(SDL_dibvideo.o)(.text+0x4a3):/home/hercules/public_cvs/SDL12/src/video/windib/SDL_dibvideo.c:424: undefined reference to `GetDIBits@28'
Dev-Cpp/lib/libSDL.a(SDL_dibvideo.o)(.text+0x4ae):/home/hercules/public_cvs/SDL12/src/video/windib/SDL_dibvideo.c:425: undefined reference to `DeleteObject@4'
Dev-Cpp/lib/libSDL.a(SDL_dibvideo.o)(.text+0x7ec): In function `DIB_SetVideoMode':
/home/hercules/public_cvs/SDL12/src/video/windib/SDL_dibvideo.c:654: undefined reference to `CreateDIBSection@24'
Dev-Cpp/lib/libSDL.a(SDL_dibvideo.o)(.text+0x8b5):/home/hercules/public_cvs/SDL12/src/video/windib/SDL_dibvideo.c:560: undefined reference to `DeleteObject@4'

Dev-Cpp/lib/libSDL.a(SDL_dibvideo.o)(.text+0x8f4):/home/hercules/public_cvs/SDL12/src/video/windib/SDL_dibvideo.c:604: undefined reference to `DeleteObject@4'
Dev-Cpp/lib/libSDL.a(SDL_dibvideo.o)(.text+0xe2a): In function `DIB_NormalUpdate':
/home/hercules/public_cvs/SDL12/src/video/windib/SDL_dibvideo.c:768: undefined reference to `CreateCompatibleDC@4'
Dev-Cpp/lib/libSDL.a(SDL_dibvideo.o)(.text+0xe43):/home/hercules/public_cvs/SDL12/src/video/windib/SDL_dibvideo.c:769: undefined reference to `SelectObject@8'
Dev-Cpp/lib/libSDL.a(SDL_dibvideo.o)(.text+0xe9e):/home/hercules/public_cvs/SDL12/src/video/windib/SDL_dibvideo.c:771: undefined reference to `BitBlt@36'
Dev-Cpp/lib/libSDL.a(SDL_dibvideo.o)(.text+0xeac):/home/hercules/public_cvs/SDL12/src/video/windib/SDL_dibvideo.c:774: undefined reference to `DeleteDC@4'
Dev-Cpp/lib/libSDL.a(SDL_dibvideo.o)(.text+0xee6):/home/hercules/public_cvs/SDL12/src/video/windib/SDL_dibvideo.c:766: undefined reference to `SelectPalette@12'
Dev-Cpp/lib/libSDL.a(SDL_dibvideo.o)(.text+0xfa2): In function `DIB_SetColors':

/home/hercules/public_cvs/SDL12/src/video/windib/SDL_dibvideo.c:800: undefined reference to `SetPaletteEntries@16'
Dev-Cpp/lib/libSDL.a(SDL_dibvideo.o)(.text+0xfc6):/home/hercules/public_cvs/SDL12/src/video/windib/SDL_dibvideo.c:801: undefined reference to `SelectPalette@12'
Dev-Cpp/lib/libSDL.a(SDL_dibvideo.o)(.text+0xfd4):/home/hercules/public_cvs/SDL12/src/video/windib/SDL_dibvideo.c:802: undefined reference to `RealizePalette@4'
Dev-Cpp/lib/libSDL.a(SDL_dibvideo.o)(.text+0x101f):/home/hercules/public_cvs/SDL12/src/video/windib/SDL_dibvideo.c:816: undefined reference to `CreateCompatibleDC@4'
Dev-Cpp/lib/libSDL.a(SDL_dibvideo.o)(.text+0x103b):/home/hercules/public_cvs/SDL12/src/video/windib/SDL_dibvideo.c:817: undefined reference to `SelectObject@8'
Dev-Cpp/lib/libSDL.a(SDL_dibvideo.o)(.text+0x1059):/home/hercules/public_cvs/SDL12/src/video/windib/SDL_dibvideo.c:818: undefined reference to `SetDIBColorTable@16'

Dev-Cpp/lib/libSDL.a(SDL_dibvideo.o)(.text+0x109f):/home/hercules/public_cvs/SDL12/src/video/windib/SDL_dibvideo.c:819: undefined reference to `BitBlt@36'
Dev-Cpp/lib/libSDL.a(SDL_dibvideo.o)(.text+0x10aa):/home/hercules/public_cvs/SDL12/src/video/windib/SDL_dibvideo.c:821: undefined reference to `DeleteDC@4'
Dev-Cpp/lib/libSDL.a(SDL_dibvideo.o)(.text+0x1159): In function `DIB_VideoInit':
/home/hercules/public_cvs/SDL12/src/video/windib/SDL_dibvideo.c:835: undefined reference to `GetDeviceGammaRamp@8'
Dev-Cpp/lib/libSDL.a(SDL_dibvideo.o)(.text+0x14ae): In function `DIB_SwapGamma':
/home/hercules/public_cvs/SDL12/src/video/windib/SDL_dibvideo.c:854: undefined reference to `GetDeviceGammaRamp@8'
Dev-Cpp/lib/libSDL.a(SDL_dibvideo.o)(.text+0x14c3):/home/hercules/public_cvs/SDL12/src/video/windib/SDL_dibvideo.c:855: undefined reference to `SetDeviceGammaRamp@8'
Dev-Cpp/lib/libSDL.a(SDL_dibvideo.o)(.text+0x1546): In function `DIB_QuitGamma':
/home/hercules/public_cvs/SDL12/src/video/windib/SDL_dibvideo.c:870: undefined reference to `SetDeviceGammaRamp@8'
Dev-Cpp/lib/libSDL.a(SDL_dibvideo.o)(.text+0x15b9): In function `DIB_SetGammaRamp':
/home/hercules/public_cvs/SDL12/src/video/windib/SDL_dibvideo.c:898: undefined reference to `GetDeviceGammaRamp@8'
Dev-Cpp/lib/libSDL.a(SDL_dibvideo.o)(.text+0x1603):/home/hercules/public_cvs/SDL12/src/video/windib/SDL_dibvideo.c:903: undefined reference to `SetDeviceGammaRamp@8'
Dev-Cpp/lib/libSDL.a(SDL_dibvideo.o)(.text+0x1679): In function `DIB_GetGammaRamp':
/home/hercules/public_cvs/SDL12/src/video/windib/SDL_dibvideo.c:923: undefined reference to `GetDeviceGammaRamp@8'
Dev-Cpp/lib/libSDL.a(SDL_dibvideo.o)(.text+0x1780): In function `DIB_VideoQuit':
/home/hercules/public_cvs/SDL12/src/video/windib/SDL_dibvideo.c:965: undefined reference to `DeleteObject@4'
Dev-Cpp/lib/libSDL.a(SDL_dibvideo.o)(.text+0x184e): In function `DIB_FocusPalette':
/home/hercules/public_cvs/SDL12/src/video/windib/SDL_dibvideo.c:987: undefined reference to `SelectPalette@12'
Dev-Cpp/lib/libSDL.a(SDL_dibvideo.o)(.text+0x1859):/home/hercules/public_cvs/SDL12/src/video/windib/SDL_dibvideo.c:988: undefined reference to `RealizePalette@4'

Dev-Cpp/lib/libSDL.a(SDL_dibvideo.o)(.text+0x191a): In function `DIB_WinPAINT':
/home/hercules/public_cvs/SDL12/src/video/windib/SDL_dibvideo.c:1012: undefined reference to `CreateCompatibleDC@4'
Dev-Cpp/lib/libSDL.a(SDL_dibvideo.o)(.text+0x1933):/home/hercules/public_cvs/SDL12/src/video/windib/SDL_dibvideo.c:1013: undefined reference to `SelectObject@8'
Dev-Cpp/lib/libSDL.a(SDL_dibvideo.o)(.text+0x1983):/home/hercules/public_cvs/SDL12/src/video/windib/SDL_dibvideo.c:1014: undefined reference to `BitBlt@36'
Dev-Cpp/lib/libSDL.a(SDL_dibvideo.o)(.text+0x198e):/home/hercules/public_cvs/SDL12/src/video/windib/SDL_dibvideo.c:1016: undefined reference to `DeleteDC@4'
Dev-Cpp/lib/libSDL.a(SDL_dibvideo.o)(.text+0x19b3):/home/hercules/public_cvs/SDL12/src/video/windib/SDL_dibvideo.c:1010: undefined reference to `SelectPalette@12'
Dev-Cpp/lib/libSDL.a(SDL_mmjoystick.o)(.text+0x15): In function `SDL_SYS_JoystickInit':
/home/hercules/public_cvs/SDL12/src/joystick/win32/SDL_mmjoystick.c:162: undefined reference to `joyGetNumDevs@0'
Dev-Cpp/lib/libSDL.a(SDL_mmjoystick.o)(.text+0x70):/home/hercules/public_cvs/SDL12/src/joystick/win32/SDL_mmjoystick.c:182: undefined reference to `joyGetPosEx@8'
Dev-Cpp/lib/libSDL.a(SDL_mmjoystick.o)(.text+0xae):/home/hercules/public_cvs/SDL12/src/joystick/win32/SDL_mmjoystick.c:184: undefined reference to `joyGetDevCapsA@12'
Dev-Cpp/lib/libSDL.a(SDL_mmjoystick.o)(.text+0x5af): In function `SDL_SYS_JoystickUpdate':
/home/hercules/public_cvs/SDL12/src/joystick/win32/SDL_mmjoystick.c:311: undefined reference to `joyGetPosEx@8'
Dev-Cpp/lib/libSDL.a(SDL_syscdrom.o)(.text+0x157): In function `SDL_SYS_CDioctl':
/home/hercules/public_cvs/SDL12/src/cdrom/win32/SDL_syscdrom.c:121: undefined reference to `mciSendCommandA@16'
Dev-Cpp/lib/libSDL.a(SDL_syscdrom.o)(.text+0x187):/home/hercules/public_cvs/SDL12/src/cdrom/win32/SDL_syscdrom.c:125: undefined reference to `mciGetErrorStringA@12'
Dev-Cpp/lib/libSDL.a(SDL_dx5events.o)(.text+0x13a5): In function `DX5_CreateWindow':
/home/hercules/public_cvs/SDL12/src/video/windx5/SDL_dx5events.c:177: undefined reference to `IID_IDirectInputDevice2A'
Dev-Cpp/lib/libSDL.a(SDL_dx5events.o)(.data+0x4): In function `GetTopLevelParent':
/home/hercules/public_cvs/SDL12/src/video/windx5/SDL_dx5events.c:72: undefined reference to `GUID_SysKeyboard'
Dev-Cpp/lib/libSDL.a(SDL_dx5events.o)(.data+0x1c):/home/hercules/public_cvs/SDL12/src/video/windx5/SDL_dx5events.c:76: undefined reference to `GUID_SysMouse'
Dev-Cpp/lib/libSDL.a(SDL_wingl.o)(.text+0x226): In function `WIN_GL_SwapBuffers':
/home/hercules/public_cvs/SDL12/src/video/wincommon/SDL_wingl.c:458: undefined reference to `SwapBuffers@4'
Dev-Cpp/lib/libSDL.a(SDL_wingl.o)(.text+0x6c8): In function `WIN_GL_SetupWindow':
/home/hercules/public_cvs/SDL12/src/video/wincommon/SDL_wingl.c:98: undefined reference to `ChoosePixelFormat@8'
Dev-Cpp/lib/libSDL.a(SDL_wingl.o)(.text+0x6e4):/home/hercules/public_cvs/SDL12/src/video/wincommon/SDL_wingl.c:99: undefined reference to `SetPixelFormat@12'
Dev-Cpp/lib/libSDL.a(SDL_wingl.o)(.text+0x9fa):/home/hercules/public_cvs/SDL12/src/video/wincommon/SDL_wingl.c:264: undefined reference to `ChoosePixelFormat@8'
Dev-Cpp/lib/libSDL.a(SDL_wingl.o)(.text+0xa31):/home/hercules/public_cvs/SDL12/src/video/wincommon/SDL_wingl.c:271: undefined reference to `SetPixelFormat@12'
Dev-Cpp/lib/libSDL.a(SDL_wingl.o)(.text+0xa94):/home/hercules/public_cvs/SDL12/src/video/wincommon/SDL_wingl.c:285: undefined reference to `DescribePixelFormat@16'
Dev-Cpp/lib/libSDL.a(SDL_dx5yuv.o)(.text+0x106): In function `DX5_CreateYUVOverlay':
/home/hercules/public_cvs/SDL12/src/video/windx5/SDL_dx5yuv.c:86: undefined reference to `IID_IDirectDrawSurface3'
C:/Dev-Cpp/lib/libmingw32.a(main.o)(.text+0x97):main.c: undefined reference to `WinMain@16'

make.exe: *** [SDLTestAgain.exe] Error 1

Execution terminated
Lazy Foo

Yes, yours was one of the tutorials I tried to follow while setting up SDL. But I still get the error. Thanks!:D

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement