Opinions on flying

Started by
56 comments, last by Steadtler 18 years, 5 months ago
Well, tomorrow morning I'm flying from New York to Florida. I'm sort of nervous cause I've never flew before. I have a friend who flys all the time coming with me, so I won't be alone. But, I have no clue what its like on a plane. From what I've gathered from movies: - Planes are less cramped then buses. - Take off and landing is the scariest part. - You can't get up and walk around or anything. - They have TV's to watch if your bored. - The seats are uncoftorable. So, I was wondering what your opinions about flying are, and are my guesses (taken from movies) accurate?
Professional-Noob Guitarist : Don't try to play the music, you have to feel it!
Advertisement
the seats are not uncomfortable unless you are a giant toad.

movies are liars, take off and landing is the best part.

you have to pay for headphones to watch the TV, and it's not real TV, it's some sort of strange set of snippets from a specific network television station. It's stupid, bring a gameboy.

[Formerly "capn_midnight". See some of my projects. Find me on twitter tumblr G+ Github.]

Quote:Original post by MrWeet
Well, tomorrow morning I'm flying from New York to Florida. I'm sort of nervous

- Planes are less cramped then buses.
- Take off and landing is the scariest part.
- You can't get up and walk around or anything.
- They have TV's to watch if your bored.
- The seats are uncoftorable.

So, I was wondering what your opinions about flying are, and are my guesses (taken from movies) accurate?

Wow, that's exciting for you.

"Planes are less cramped then buses." -- I'd say false.
"Take off and landing is the scariest part." -- True.
"You can't get up and walk around or anything." -- False.
"They have TV's to watch if your bored." -- Maybe. For a short flight like yours, maybe not.
"The seats are uncomfortable." -- Extremely.

To be honest, flying sucks. It's crowded, stuffy, smelly, a giant hassle, and on the holidays you're often surrounded by ornery, pushy people. But, it's also very safe.
Co-creator of Star Bandits -- a graphical Science Fiction multiplayer online game, in the style of "Trade Wars'.
Quote:Original post by capn_midnight
the seats are not uncomfortable unless you are a giant toad.

I would have to disagree. I'm only 6 feet, 170 lbs and I can find no place to put my legs comfortably in economy class.

-- Giant Toad
Co-creator of Star Bandits -- a graphical Science Fiction multiplayer online game, in the style of "Trade Wars'.
Quote:You can't get up and walk around or anything.

On every plane I've been on you're allowed to walk around freely apart from when the seatbelt signs are on which generally just when you're taking off and landing so walking around isn't the best idea.

As for taking-off and landing it might seem a little strange the first time round but I wouldn't say it's scary.
I liked takeoff, especially looking out the window. Of course, I drive way too fast on the highway, so it was normal for me to see trees blurred like that.

[Formerly "capn_midnight". See some of my projects. Find me on twitter tumblr G+ Github.]

Thanks for replies. [smile]

I'm looking forward to the trip, its a whole seven hours long! Probably gonna bring a Gameboy or something with me. Wish I had a PSP or DS to bring, but unfortunatley I dont [sad].

I've also heard that as soon as you get off the plane, its good to go straight to your next plane so you don't miss it, as t he stations are quite big, and it takes alot of time to get from terminal to terminal.

I was also wondering if you guys have any advice? The more advice I get the less things I will do to get me lost/in trouble/hurt. [lol]
Professional-Noob Guitarist : Don't try to play the music, you have to feel it!
I liked takeoff, especially looking out the window. Of course, I drive way too fast on the highway, so it was normal for me to see trees blurred like that.

It's definitely the most fun. But if you're nervous, I'm sure it's the scariest part as well.

My least favorite part of flying is when the plane rolls over on its belly and nosedives 10,000 feet.

Quote:Original post by The Frugal Gourmet

It's definitely the most fun. But if you're nervous, I'm sure it's the scariest part as well.

My least favorite part of flying is when the plane rolls over on its belly and nosedives 10,000 feet.

yeah, I really don't understand why they do that. Maybe the martini mixer is perpetually broken.

Quote:Original post by MrWeet
I'm looking forward to the trip, its a whole seven hours long!

I thought you were going from New York to Florida!? That's like 2 hours. Less than that time in the air!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement