[web] Web Design Suite

Started by
3 comments, last by Cygnus_X 18 years, 5 months ago
Hello, I am trying to create, a rather graphic heavy website, and don't want to do all the little tedious coding by hand. So I am debating what website building suite to go with..so far the only ones i know is. Adobe GoLive Microsoft Web Designer Macromedia Dreamweaver Microsoft FrontPage I have tried Adobe GoLive a bit lately, and sorta liked the editor..but when I looked at the source, I noticed everything was absolutely positioned, and when I opened it up in IE and Firefox, it looked really different in both browsers...which kinda sucked. Microsoft Web Designer I normally use for all ASPX pages, and have never attempted to build anything really big, or graphics rich in it. Has anyone used and liked this for something similar to what I want to do? Macromedia Dreamweaver, havn't used since version 4.0 in highschool..Didn't really like it back then, but I didn't really know how to use it, and i'm sure it's gotton loads better in it's newer versions? Microsoft FrontPage I would rather stay away from this completely. I may be wrong but always thought it was rather weak, used bad code techniques, and was more for newbies without a knowledge of CSS HTML or &#106avascript. If i'm completely wrong on this let me know. So, which do you guys prefer?
Advertisement
Go with Dreamweaver. You can't trust any MS app to create proper HTML for you. So if you don't like GoLive then there's not much choice left. I've never used dreamweaver myself but I've been told it's really good.

<hr />
Sander Marechal<small>[Lone Wolves][Hearts for GNOME][E-mail][Forum FAQ]</small>

Thanks Sander, I'll check it out..

Just curious..thought Dreamweaver was more geared towards the PHP programmer...does it have ASPX support?
Apparently, with some config editing. You might want to try it out with an evaluation version of Dreamweaver though, before you buy it.

<hr />
Sander Marechal<small>[Lone Wolves][Hearts for GNOME][E-mail][Forum FAQ]</small>

If its graphics heavy, I'd try Macromedia Fireworks. It has some cool features like rollover effects, etc. If you're using a program like photoshop to do all the graphics, then fireworks may be a bit overkill.... but it has worked well for me in the past when I didn't want to mess with all the &#106avascript stuff.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement