• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Laeadas

Whats the correct way to update coordinates?

This topic is 4618 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I have a game im making,thats online. I have it sending raw coordiantes stuffed in a bank and sent and read... Should I be doing this? Or should I be doing somthing like, sending an Action packet and let the client handle it

Advertisement
Since something like this is so trivial then you should really focus on reducing the load on the server, so making this client side would probably be best.

ace

Guest Anonymous Poster
Of course it would be a good idea to validate the coordinates passed from the client to avoid speed/teleport hacks.

So sending an action packet with an integer, and seeing what to do based on if its 1, move player forward,etc...?

My the players warp right now...And delayed,and when i go to a different computer (not server computer) its laggy for the client

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!