Sign in to follow this  
nts

Win32 GUI, Panels?

I'm working on a program using just Win32 for the GUI but now what I've ended up with are a lot of different windows/dialogs that should probably be merged into a single form. So what I'm looking for is something like frames or panels that I could place the window controls/forms on and then simply switch between them (show | hide) depending on some user actions. I've considered using the Tab control but I dont think thats the best solution since I wouldn't want the tabs to be visible (would probably require quite a bit of subclassing to get it to work right aswell). Doing it MDI would be another approach but I dont think that'll work out very well (windows always maxed...). So any magic control that can help me? :) Is there a better way of doing it? Any suggestions/questions? Thanks

nts,

I always find the WS_GROUP control helpful for this reason. If you have your windows subclassed and linked accordingly, you can just show/hide the group control and have it propogate the message down to all the children.

I'm not sure about any slick magic ways, but hope that helps!

-brad

Quote:
Original post by Galapaegos
nts,

I always find the WS_GROUP control helpful for this reason. If you have your windows subclassed and linked accordingly, you can just show/hide the group control and have it propogate the message down to all the children.

I'm not sure about any slick magic ways, but hope that helps!

-brad

Thanks, I'm gonna give that a try when I get home