Should i need some sdk first?

Started by
4 comments, last by Falken42 18 years, 4 months ago
hi guys, i'm new to opengl, i don't know if i need some kind of sdk to program opengl code with vc++? i browsed the opengl.org and sgi.com, there seems to be no download section. so what should i do.
Advertisement
i don't have .h files and .lib files in my ide (visual studio 2003), but i do have .dll . so where can i find them?
If you properly installed Visual Studio 2003, you should have them. If memory serves right, headers are in vc7/include/gl/, and the libs are in vc7/libs/.

There are updated headers at SGI's OpenGL page which provide the latest extentions. While not required to build a GL application, it doesn't hurt to have them.
Quote:Original post by bpoint
If you properly installed Visual Studio 2003, you should have them. If memory serves right, headers are in vc7/include/gl/, and the libs are in vc7/libs/.

There are updated headers at SGI's OpenGL page which provide the latest extentions. While not required to build a GL application, it doesn't hurt to have them.

thank you, i've reinstalled the vs2003, but it is kinda weird, there is still no head file. i'll check the sgi site later. thank you.
do a search of your computer for "gl.h" you should find it, if not search the internet
Quote:Original post by billconanthank you, i've reinstalled the vs2003, but it is kinda weird, there is still no head file. i'll check the sgi site later. thank you.

Hmm... are you using the Express (free) version? I'm not sure if Express has the OpenGL stuff included or not.

Here's a good link which has links to the SGI site for headers, as well as a link to Microsoft's site to get the .libs necessary to compile.

Good luck!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement