Sign in to follow this  
dawberj3

C/C++ GUI

Im creating a program in OpenGL and ive created a basic interface for it. But I want to make the GUI the same as other programs you see such as Internet Explorer, Word, Firefox etc. You know the things like File, Edit, View... Icons, buttons etc. Just the standard stuff. How do I create these? I guess I need a library of some sort so how do I import this into my program and use it? Thx

They're based on the standard Windows API. Note that there's a myriad of wrappers available for it too..
You may also want to look into cross-platform libraries like wxWidgets or QT.

Well, technically the specific applications you mentioned all implement their own version of the standard widgets for performance. But they're all made to look and feel like the standard stuff.

For Linux you've got loads of choice: wxWidgets, GTK+, QT, Fltk, Motif - I can't think of any others off the top of my head but I'm sure there are loads. GTK+ and QT are the most common. wxWidgets is more of a wrapper than the others - on Linux it wraps GTK+ or Motif IIRC, but on Windows I think it uses the Win32 API. QT has a GPL license so you have to release your source, GTK+ and wxWidgets I think are LGPL.