Parallax scrolling demo

Started by
6 comments, last by JohnHurt 18 years, 4 months ago
Hi guys! Can you all please have a go on this small test app for my 2d engine. It doesn't do an awful lot, it's just a small bare map you can scroll around, with some layers of parallax. I just want to make sure it doesn't crash or have any weird display problems on different hardware. Many thanks!
Advertisement
From what I can tell it works fine. Moving is really slow, though. Good work!
when you do something right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all.
Quote:Original post by oscinis
From what I can tell it works fine. Moving is really slow, though. Good work!

Ah yes, sorry, I don't have time based movement set up on this one! Oops.

Runs fine on my Athlon64 GeForce 5900. No crashes or errors in the log.

Other observations;
The movement does not appear to be time based. It's smooth for the most part, but does get jerky occasionally as the O/S attends to things. Changing keys results in a momentary pause before scrolling occurs in the new direction. Trying to go back to the original direction (even releasing keys momentarily) has no effect. Seems like key detection is getting bogged down somewhere.

hth
F451
Okay, I just added time-based movement and asynchronous key input, so it should be a bit smoother now!
Perfect! Nice one.
Works fine here, ati x800se. Apart from the key scrolling, just that one portrait is supposed to move to the right, correct?
Quote:Original post by lightbringer
Works fine here, ati x800se. Apart from the key scrolling, just that one portrait is supposed to move to the right, correct?

Yeah, thats right, I was just checking that the hiarchy of transformations was working.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement