2D Platformer with bumpmaps and shadows

Started by
11 comments, last by HopeDagger 18 years, 4 months ago
And some fun gameplay aswell :D Check it out here! Screeny: There is a trailer aswell for it :)
Advertisement
Nice screenies :)

Sadly, this machine doesn't fit the requirements so I cannot try it :(
[size="2"]I like the Walrus best.
Great game! I'm at work so I could only play for a few minutes (just found my first energy thingy with the antena), but so far it's great! Very cinematic!

The only thing I don't like is the controls; kind of feels like you weigh 5 tons and are running on ice.

Feel like talking a bit about the development of the project? Team size? Dev length? Etc?

Great job though!
Matt Hughson
__________________________________[ Website ] [ Résumé ] [ [email=contact[at]matthughson[dot]com]Contact[/email] ][ Have I been Helpful? Hook me up! ]
Hi,

The screenshots look cool, but when I try to install it says I need to download the .NET framework. What does the installer need this for, out of curiosity? I haven't installed anything cutting-edge lately, so maybe that's why I've never run into the need for it?
--Mike
mikedoty:
There should be a download on microsoft.com try searching, if you use windows update you should have gotten it though. here is a link: http://msdn.microsoft.com/netframework/downloads/framework1_1redist/

Didn't know the installer needed it though.

matthughson:
We where 3 guys deveoping this game. I did all coding and used OpenGL, SDL and FMod for the engine. I started working on it mid December 2004 and in mid Januarty 2005 the other two joined. The game is apart of my thesis, but the game is alot more interesting than the paper :P The game finnished sometime in April, so there was a pretty short dev time.

Here is a thesis made by the sound guy that goes through a bit of the developemnt and someone might find it interesting. I think the artist also made a thesis paper in english, but it is not available online I think.

On a side not I have worked more on the engine after the release and added 3d stuff so now it is a combined 2d/3d engine :)
Wow, props to you guys, I'm impressed :D
There is a little problem ;)

I'm running it, I click New Game
Then, it fade white.
Still white for 5sec then crash

P4 1.5~
Asus NVidia GF4 Ti 4400
512 RIMM
Daivuk:

I think it might be your graphics card.

But you could check for all WARNING and ERROR in hpl.log and post anyone you find so I can see more details.

wow that installer is crap!

installer said it needed the 1.1.43blahblahblah .NET framework, went and downloaded 2.0 .NET framework restarted and still same error.

I WOULD HIGHLY CONSIDER ANOTHER INSTALLER! I would love to try out your game, but the installer does not work for me, even after upgrading my .NET framework. Also considering your code seems to be ultra portable, you should consider a change.

anyways i guess it looks cool in the screenshot.
better yet, how bout just a nice ZIp file, w/o the installer (I hate them anyways)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement