Sign in to follow this  
Gameteen

Help on tutorial subjects

Gameteen    100
Hi guys, I want to write a couple of tutorials teaching C++ programming using games as examples. For example: teach arrays, then use them in a text game inventory. The only problem is that I want them to build off of each other, and I don't want to confuse readers by using concepts they haven't learned yet. Example: the inventory mentioned above would use classes, so I would need to teach that in an earlier tut. So , I would like list of gamesthatbuild off each other and the concepts they use. TIA!

Frequency    442
WHILE loops, IF statements, variables: "Guess the number game" or "Paper/Rock/Scissors"

Built onto that, arrays - a 2d array could be used for "Tic-Tac-Toe".

If your next tutorial deals with classes, you could make almost any game you wanted to since you already have your controls and arrays.

Good luck!

GDKnight    302
You should explain the concepts of writing a simple game like hangman it associates many of those topics, I recently did one in my C# class.

[Edited by - GDKnight on November 25, 2005 3:25:34 AM]

greytone    174
Reading and writing files is often a very important subject rarely covered in game tutorials. So something like saving and loading character inventory to a text file, or loading character dialog would probably be useful for many beginners.

-Greytone