[java] Custom Look and Feel resources

Started by
4 comments, last by CaptainJester 18 years, 4 months ago
Does anyone know of any good books or online resources related to creating a Swing custom look and feel?
Advertisement
There's this article that might be helpful... but only to start.

Son Of Cain
a.k.a javabeats at yahoo.ca
Already found that one. :)

I'd be especially interested in a book that has some good detail about the topic. There doesn't seem to be a whole lot of stuff on the internet about it. Although maybe I should just learn how to use that Synth LAF thing and customize that?
This site is my favorite one when I need a good look and feel. You might already know it, but I'm throwing the link here, anyway ;)

You can use skin-based look and feels, yes - for that I would recommend Skin Look And Feel, because there are tons of available skins, which gives me the impression that it's not something that hard to work with. And you might be able to find a good one to use.

Son Of Cain
a.k.a javabeats at yahoo.ca
Cool, I didn't know there was another alternative like that. I'll look at it all, thanks.
Sun has a bunch of articles at The Swing Connection.

http://java.sun.com/products/jfc/tsc/articles/index.html
"None of us learn in a vacuum; we all stand on the shoulders of giants such as Wirth and Knuth and thousands of others. Lend your shoulders to building the future!" - Michael Abrash[JavaGaming.org][The Java Tutorial][Slick][LWJGL][LWJGL Tutorials for NeHe][LWJGL Wiki][jMonkey Engine]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement