How the internet works....

Started by
10 comments, last by Megafox 18 years, 4 months ago
im writing an essay in school about indepth internet functionality how it works etc.. if anyone here would like to read the finished product just post here and ill put it on here, it deals with everything ISP's NAP's DNS and explains it all in depth there is no programming aspect to it just explaines the internet extremly well it covers HTTP SHTTP FTP how .html files work etc. just a basic all you need to know. as ive done ALOT of research into it including how its delivered to your house, and why you need microfilters for ADSL, OC values etc..
Advertisement
i didnt neccisarily state everything it covers as the list is too long.. lol
Quote:Original post by C plus noob
im writing an essay in school about indepth internet functionality how it works etc.. if anyone here would like to read the finished product just post here and ill put it on here, it deals with everything ISP's NAP's DNS and explains it all in depth there is no programming aspect to it just explaines the internet extremly well it covers HTTP SHTTP FTP how .html files work etc. just a basic all you need to know. as ive done ALOT of research into it including how its delivered to your house, and why you need microfilters for ADSL, OC values etc..

I certainly hope you spent more effort on grammar and spelling in your school report.

Quote:Modified post by C plus noob
I'm writing an essay in school about in-depth Internet functionality: how it works, etc.. If anyone here would like to read the finished product, just post here and I'll put it on here. It deals with everything: ISPs, NAPs, DNS, and explains it all in depth. There is no programming aspect to it. It just explains the Internet extremely well. It covers HTTP, SHTTP, FTP, how html files work, etc. Just a basic all-you-need-to-know. as I've done A LOT of research into it including how it's delivered to your house, and why you need microfilters for ADSL, OC values, etc..

If it's well written, I wouldn't mind seeing that report on a blog somewhere (other than gamedev.net) for informational purposes. If it's poorly written, I'd love to read it for its entertainment value.

Please post a link.

frob.
@frob: A little harsh... there's no good reason to be such a grammar/spelling Nazi. You understood him, and that right there is the point of communication. For what reason would you prefer to see it on a blog than GameDev?

Post it up please.
BRING BACK THE BLACK (or at least something darker)
Quote:Original post by frob
I certainly hope you spent more effort on grammar and spelling in your school report....If it's poorly written, I'd love to read it for its entertainment value.

Don't be a dick.

Cpn, go ahead. I'll be interested to see how you've organized it; you seem to have covered topics everywhere from physical layer to application layer. Beware of trying to explain too much in too little space.
Quote:You understood him

Well, I for one didn't. :D Sorry if that's harsh, but run-ons definitely don't contribute to communication or readability. Dumping a stream of consciousness into a forum post is a bit rude to the people who have to sort through and digest it ^_^.

Post your essay anyway, C plus noob - the internet is all about sharing information after all.
I, uh...didn't understand the OP either. So, @frob, thanks for cleaning it up.

And I'd read it if you posted it as well, as long as frob stays nearby to clean it up [smile].
Things change.
Well, to explain how the internet REALLY works you would of had to of covered the routing protocols such as OSPF, RIP, BGP, etc. Then DNS somewhere down the line. Oh and also, TCP/IP, UDP and ICMP. I believe these technologies are the most important in making the internet work.
His run-on sentences did not help with conveying his thoughts, true. But Frankly all frob did was fix spelling mistakes and put in the occasional punctuation. the both of you, Boku San and lightbringer, are either lying about your ability to read the post or you're just a couple of complete morons. Either way, proceed on in life, I'm sure others think highly of you somewhere.
BRING BACK THE BLACK (or at least something darker)
Quote:Original post by H_o_p_s
His run-on sentences did not help with conveying his thoughts, true. But Frankly all frob did was fix spelling mistakes and put in the occasional punctuation. the both of you, Boku San and lightbringer, are either lying about your ability to read the post or you're just a couple of complete morons. Either way, proceed on in life, I'm sure others think highly of you somewhere.

I can't understand your post either. For one, who is this "Frankly" character? Did I miss a post somewhere? ^_^;

Anyway, thank you for your constructive criticism.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement