Hello there

Started by
8 comments, last by TruePsion 18 years, 4 months ago
Hey everyone. New here though not to Game Designing. I have worked with many engines in the past, for both, 2-D and 3-D. I am much more of an artistic type of designer i.e. sketches, writng the story, directing, producing, making the graphics. Although I see programming as interesting I can't grasp it. I have a new website where I am trying to get my business known. I have led to game design groups in the past 2 years and some of them are in the company though I am still chatting about it with them. Anyways, I'd appreciate you all viewing my site, emailing me, spreading the word, and if you want, helping out in ways you would like. Thanks a lot. -Jordan
Advertisement
Hello :)

If you want people to look at your web site its usually a good idea to place the link in the text you post.

As for your site, the first thing I would do is get your own domain name and space, its pretty cheap to do so.

:)
Young Doc: No wonder this circuit failed. It says "Made in Japan".Marty McFly: What do you mean, Doc? All the best stuff is made in Japan.Young Doc: Unbelievable.
Uh...it is in my profile but good advice.

http://entertainmentevolution.bravehost.com/
Hmmm... Is your site a game company? Well I noticed that you are using bravenet.
I would reccomend that you use 50webs. They have ad free hosting for free.

Then get a co.nr name...Its all ad-free and does not cost a penny.

While you are at it, take a look at my neat site too[smile]! (click on the link below)

EDIT: oh yea, I rated you up too.
Hi, good luck with the venture.

I think this thread belongs to "Your Announcements" section of the forum. Do post more details of the projects you have completed / working on. I doubt some one will give a request , unless they see some demos/screens.
"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers." -- Thomas Watson, Chairman of IBM, 1943
Thanks all. I'll check out the other hosting, I'll post this in announcements, & I am going to see what I can do to put up a demo. Any requests for free?

And spread the word!

And nice site Vrok. Not much a programmer but still good.

[Edited by - TruePsion on November 26, 2005 10:16:33 AM]
if you're charging people for the service i'm not sure how many people you would get. most who want to make thier own game and bring it to life....well actually want to make it themselves. but it is an interesting idea, i'll tell my friends and maybe link your site somewhere, goodluck.
-------------------------Only a fool claims himself an expert
As part of spreadinght the word (I'm in no position to critique someones web site :-); If your team is offering their services, then of course check out the Help Wanted forum to see if anyone is asking for help. You might pick up jobs that pay, but in all likelyhood you might need to offer your services for free initially as a means to build up credibility and a portfolio. Also, there are jobs advertised on Gamedev, so perhaps you can actuall respond and see if companies are willing to outsource some of their work to your group. Good luck!

hth
F451
I would omit the apologetic stuff about not having the webpage up sooner. It makes it sound like your company is out of control or something. No one is going to question your timing on this matter if you don't bring it up. They're going to assume everything is going as planned.
Also When you specify that only 2-D games are made due to lack of programming skill. I would omit the phrase "due to lack of programming skill."
Thanks for the advice. It's taken care of now.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement