Sign in to follow this  
derek7

sprite draw function

HRESULT Draw(LPDIRECT3DTEXTURE9 pSrcTexture, CONST RECT *pSrcRect, D3DXVECTOR3 *center, CONST D3DVECTOR3 *pTranslation, D3DCOLOR Color ); pSrcTexture - a pointer to the texture to be used, see textures pSrcRect - pointer to a rectangle defining the area of the texture to use or NULL for the whole texture pCenter- pointer to a 3D vector specifying the position in the sprite around which it can be rotated or NULL for top left pTranslation - pointer to a 3D vector defining the screen position of the sprite. Note: in Direct3D 0,0 is the top left of the screen. Color - colour value that can be used to modulate the texture colours. A value of 0xFFFFFFFF maintains the colour from the texture. Note: you can use the D3DCOLOR_COLORVALUE macro to create a D3DCOLOR from RGB values. why is there a pCenter in a draw function ? in the draw function ,no need and no parameter to indicate a value to rotate sprite. however in SetTransform function ,we can rotate a sprite . BTW in SetTransform ,Is the center parameter center of sprite ? or center of screen?

It can be used as the center of the object the sprite represents.
Say you have a hammer in your game, and you want the hammer to rotate around its balance point, not around the sprite center, and definetly not around the sprites top-left corner ^^

Quote:
Original post by pulpfist
It can be used as the center of the object the sprite represents.
Say you have a hammer in your game, and you want the hammer to rotate around its balance point, not around the sprite center, and definetly not around the sprites top-left corner ^^

I found sprite->Draw(t,0,&D3DXVECTOR3(222,0,0), &D3DXVECTOR3(-222,0,0), 0xFFFFFFFF);

the 3nd and 4nd parameter just have a opposite effect. if you set above,and the effect equal set them all 0. It seem 3nd and 4nd parameter just translate sprite . why call it rotate center?

Yes I remeber using this function to implement "smooth" scrollig.
The structure of the program was something like

center.x = (the x component of the upper left tile that is outside the screen)
center.y = (the y component of the upper left tile that is outside the screen)

for(i=0, i<n_vert_tiles; i++)
for(j=0, j<n_horz_tiles; j++)
{
pTranslation.x = j * tile_width
pTranslation.y = i * tile_height

Draw(pSrcTexture, pSrcRect, center, pTranslation, Color );
}

Im not sure if there is any technical difference between the vectors, but this example shows that having them both is useful.

Quote:

why call it rotate center?

I guess that the rotation algotithms in the rotation function uses it to get the rotation right.

PS. If that is the case, it also means that there IS a technical difference between them