vertex buffer explodes while run time

Started by
6 comments, last by mohamed adel 18 years, 4 months ago
hey guys, as i said. i have a scene, 2 boxes for say, each with a different sizes and transformations. and it seems that something goes wrong and it explodes in run time. i get the following scene: http://img321.imageshack.us/img321/9845/untitled7ei.jpg wat is going wrong in here? im on directx 9.0c, and my vga card is geforce 6600 gt.
Advertisement
You need to check that your vertex buffer isn't used to call 1 draw call and using a trianglelist, It seems that the occurance might be something in those lines. You could however place alot of primitives into 1 vertex buffer but you need seperate draw calls for each primitive. It looks like you a drawing 2 primitives with the same draw call resulting in the 2 boxes combining.

You could also paste us the source for building your vertex buffer and your draw call. This might be able to push us on the right track.

I hope this helps.
Take care.
well wat im doing is this.

-i have a cache. i give it a .x model path to render.
-the cache checks if its already loaded it gives me a reference of it.
-if its not loaded then it loads it for me, and gives me the reference.

using those steps, i load the same model i.e. box for both actors, with different transformaitons for each one.

and when i render both of my actors, i call the render function in the cache to render my model. so basically the .x model is rendered twice with two different transformations.

but there is only one .x model loaded.

my source code is quite long, cause it contains alot of other stuff. ill try minimize it as possible as post it.

NOTE: u see that doesnt happen straight away, it takes time and then it crashes. also i found this problem with other tutorials and sample. it even happened once or twice with Age of Empires 3
Quote:Original post by ramy
NOTE: u see that doesnt happen straight away, it takes time and then it crashes. also i found this problem with other tutorials and sample. it even happened once or twice with Age of Empires 3

Hey, don't you think that if this (pretty unusual) thing happens to several independent pieces of software then there could be some problem with your graphics card / other hardware? Especially if it happens randomly?

Check cooling, do some heavy benchmarks, etc..

Hope i'm not right,
kp
------------------------------------------------------------Neo, the Matrix should be 16-byte aligned for better performance!
I agree, sounds like bogus hardware, or inproperly installed drivers. Maybe try using the reference card instead of the hardware.
yeah im starting to feel its with my hardware or driver issue.

but yet i installed awhile ago, a driver but it didnt do much better, so i went back to the previous driver which im currently on. ill give a new driver a try, maybe it will do better than i have.

thx guys
I've had that problem before, my graphics card was loose. You might want to take it out and plug it back in. :)
I had this problem before, and It was a power problem. Check the voltages of your system -from the BIOS program or any tool that comes with the motherboard- to see if they are they in the accepted range or not.The accepted range is 10% plus or minus the Ideal voltage. For example the 5v input should be in the range of 4.5 to 5.5 volts.
If this isn't a hardware problem,then I think it is a driver problem.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement