Sign in to follow this  
samahu

needed: a good car racing engine?

samahu    122
i want to build a rally game and i need a good car racing engine, commercial or not, it's not the problem but should be not that expensive. i've seen 3Impact and heard about Blitz3D. and i'm checking if there is any other options. for 3Impact it has a good physics and very easy to use on the designer side, but they don't give u the full source code of their engine when u buy it which is a thing i dislike on the programmer side. and another problem with it is that rally games requires a very long road which is a thing 3Impact engine doesn't seem to support. my rally game should support real roads so any suggestions before i continue with 3Imapct

u235    359
Not sure if you know about this, but DevMaster has pretty huge list of 3D engines. While looking for an engine of my own I noticed a few there that said they were made specifically for racing games. I went and looked at 3Impact and I'd say it looks pretty good. I am on my parents' computer right now and they're leery about downloading stuff, so I'm not able to check it out, but if it does what you want it to do and does it well, then I don't see any reason not to go ahead using it. Hope that helps.

-AJ