Sign in to follow this  
maxam

My 3d Engine GUI

This is my first attempt at a GUI for my engine. My main computer is down but i have been working on my Armada m300(4mb video card). Right now it is basic, and im working on buttons. What features should I include? Check it out and tell me how it runs. (I know mouse slides a bit) Nomad GUI: GUITest1

I'd start with clipping, my framerate is 900+ on it, that that number makes the text go past the right edge of the green window.

Guest Anonymous Poster
Ok i see what your saying, also i forgot to say that you can click and drag each window around.

Quote:
Original post by Bezben
I'd start with clipping, my framerate is 900+ on it, that that number makes the text go past the right edge of the green window.
*is in agreement*

Apart from buttons, the standard controls are probably check boxes, edit boxes (single, and perhaps multi-line), list boxes, sliders, radio buttons, and perhaps a progress bar for the loading stages of your game.

Depending on how advanced you want the GUI, it might be nice to implement a way to provide alternative fonts and skins for the interface.