Sign in to follow this  

Visual C++ 2005 [express] bug

This topic is 4403 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Does anybody know anything about VC++ '05 Express? I just got it so that I could use DirectX 9, because apparently VC++ 6.0 isn't supported anymore... now whenever I try and code in the new and 'improved' VC++ '05 it freezes up my entire computer and I have to restart. Anybody have similar problems? Is it working nicely for anyone?

It took me 2 trys to figure out what was wrong with VS Express 2005. I would not say that it is buggy, VS Express just contains a bunch of features that are not common among freeware. I find VC++ Express to be really nifty. I installed the DirectX 9 API yesterday. All of the include, debug, .lib files were linked automatically by VC++ Express (How cool is that!). But then again, this is just my biased opinion.

Good topic though [smile]...

Quote:
Original post by kooooo
Does anybody know anything about VC++ '05 Express? I just got it so that I could use DirectX 9, because apparently VC++ 6.0 isn't supported anymore... now whenever I try and code in the new and 'improved' VC++ '05 it freezes up my entire computer and I have to restart. Anybody have similar problems? Is it working nicely for anyone?
One time when I ran compile it gave me a blue screen, this happened once though.. I'm not really sure what you mean by it being terrible, in a year they plan on selling it for $50 or so. It must be good, right?

I'm still using VS.NET 2003 and not planning to download VS 2005 soon. Don't expect too much on that new version as it is still a beta. I think I'll wait for Visual Studio 2005 Service Pack 1++, at that time there'll be much less bugs.

This topic is 4403 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.